Winter Wonderland

Snow in Tennessee usually isn't all that pretty; mostly because it's not enough to even cover the grass. :) But Tuesday night's crazy rain turned to snow. We got 4-5 inches, and it was so pretty!

It was supposed to warm up yesterday, but the weather people were wrong and it stayed cold, which means nothing melted so we stayed home all day, and Brian and Camden are now enjoying Snow Day #8. It was probably our best snow day yet. The kids were sweet together, there was plenty of snow to play in, and we had Snow Cream for snack time. (okay, actually I hate snow cream, but the kids loved it)
012711_4

012711_2

012711_12

We did get out and play for a while. The kids had a blast, although once Rory gets cold, she is READY to go in.

012711_10

Rory was throwing snowballs and yelling "boo-yah" which completely cracked me up.
012711_7

Brian got quite a workout hauling the kids around on the sled.
012711_8

I think Camden might be having fun.
012711_9

I don't know what look she was going for, but it's what I got when I asked her to look at me.
012711_5

012711_6

Snow angels
012711_11

012711_13

Once again, pretty sure Camden is having fun.
012711_3



012711_1

And Brian set up the tripod and made a small video of their time in the snow.


We're starting out at 22 degrees this morning, but we're supposed to be in the 40's this afternoon so I have a feeling this snow will be gone before tomorrow!

Comments

Joy said…
It must be a "boy thing" - Ellis LOVES the snow! He goes out and rolls in it - LOL! Too bad they can't play together. Sumner is like Rory - when she gets cold, it's all over. Glad you are enjoying your snow days. Don't think you will see many of those next year. : )

(BTW - beautiful pictures!)
heidi said…
Melissa, Loved the video. Jonathan had to come watch it and requested, "again." :) Pretty pretty snow, but I would be ready for it to melt soon too!
Anonymous said…
Loved the video---the music was perfect! Looked like fun to me--maybe a little work for Brian.
Mom
Amy said…
The video is hilarious! The snowball fight at the end cracked me up. It looks like the kids were having a blast, but I bet Brian is worn out!!
Looks like everyone had a blast! (while still warm of course) Great photos... of course! I'm really impressed since I struggle to shoot in the snow. (Even with a lens hood.)

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel