The Reader

I love to read. Seriously love to read. I was one of those kids who would hide a book behind the textbook and read in class. Every trip in the car whether it was 10 minutes or 10 hours long involved a book. My mom and both of my sisters also love to read. When Camden arrived home at 8 months of age, I made it a personal mission to read to him. Over and over and over. Shortly after Camden arrived, Brian went back to school for his education degree and they drove home how important reading to your child was and so Brian read to him (and Brian is not a reader). Until about 6 months ago, being read to was one of Camden's favorite activities. Didn't matter if it were a Star Wars book or one of Rory's silly baby books, he would stop to listen if you would read it.Once he learned to read for himself, I was so excited for him and hoped that he would initiate reading on his own. Didn't happen. Mostly because he's lazy to be honest. :)

But Saturday I found him this. And he finished the book and moved on to the next one. He took it in the car with him when they went grocery shopping Saturday. And kept reading when he got home. I'm hoping this is a trend that will continue because reading is still my favorite past-time!
012611_1

P.S. Currently on Snow Day #7 in 2011.
012611_2


Comments

Joy said…
We are big readers too. The kids are constantly walking around the house with books wanting us to read to them. Congrats to Camden - we love those books too!
Amy said…
Ah, the Magic Tree house books...they hook kids every time! I love those books, too, and the best part is that there's like 40 in the series! I can't believe you guys have more snow! I'm really hoping it's not headed our way.
Amanda said…
I am such a reader too!! I spent over an hour last night looking for new books on my kindle and now I am all set with these winter days to read away. The only problem is that when I find a good one I can't put it down and therefore I lose lots of sleep when I have a new book.
KrisJ said…
AWESOME!! YEAH Camden! And brrrrrr
I love this! As you know, I'm a big reader too... and I'm trying hard to get Spencer to enjoy reading as well. Seeing this, my heart goes a pitter-patter.

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel