Memory Lane Monday

This week's template for Project 365 had a spot for a favorite old memory and I immediately thought of our trip to France. We actually celebrated New Year's Day in France and listened to the fireworks being shot out of the windows above us in Micah and Becky's apartment complex. I decided to go look at the pictures and hello, Memory Lane Monday. :) My one regret from this trip is that we had a little point and shoot camera, and our pics are terrible. Becky had a film camera back then if you can believe it. Technology has come a long way in 6 years!

Camden looks fairly miserable in all these pics. Jet lag hit him hard, but I promise he was happy part of the time, just not when the camera was out. I'll apologize in advance for all the pictures, but I know my family will love seeing them.

This was on our way out of Geneva - after our 24 hour trip!
013111_1

Same bridge and looking tired.
013111_2

The view from Micah and Becky's apartment.
013111_3

Don't you love all these colors?
013111_4

Pralagnon
013111_5

The snow was so thick and I remember thinking where are the fences because you could have just walked right off the mountain! We wisely left Camden at home with Uncle Micah while we had our little skiing/mountain adventure.
013111_6

Don't you love my hat? I've never worn a hat in my life, but it was so stinkin' cold that Brian and I ventured into a French ski shop and bought it all on our own.
013111_7

Yep, so glad that hat is in all these mountain photos.
013111_8

Beaufortain - it was seriously blue. They make VERY stinky (and expensive) cheese here.
013111_9

013111_10

All of us after church. Attending church and hearing the worship music in French was one of my favorite things.
013111_11

Camden was COLD most of the time.
013111_12

We spent a day in Annecy, and it was gorgeous! So many old houses, doorways, pretty windows, and shops. We also ate at a creperie, and it was delicious.
013111_13

013111_14

Does this look like a painting or what?
013111_15

013111_16

What I wouldn't give to go back just for the photography opportunities!
013111_17

Our last evening in France, we ate at a fairly fancy restaurant. I remember the chocolate mousse to be out of this world!
013111_18

On our way home, we had a 6 hour layover in Germany, but they have McDonalds there too. This would be his "cheese" face.
013111_19

Camden and this little girl (who was headed to Dubai) had so much fun playing together though the bars - we were grouped off and separated by bars down in a holding area. Fun times. And poor Camden did not sleep one wink during our trip home - 24 hours. Seriously.
013111_20

I've had so much fun looking at these pictures and reliving the memories. The one thought that's run through my head over and over (especially after a particularly difficult morning with Camden today) is how simple and easy life was back then. And I'm not even sure we had the sense to realize it.



I didn't do a good job of keeping track this week; I need to do better.

53. spending the morning with a dear friend and her new baby
54. the beautiful snow
55. the joy of watching Brian, Camden, and Rory have fun in the snow
56. Rory's crazy giggling at the word "foofy"
57. a really fun afternoon with Brian and the kiddos
58. Rory's giddy excitement over her haircut
59. a walk down memory lane with old friends
60. a leisurely Sunday afternoon
61. the ability to start all over again each morning
62. old pictures

Comments

Anonymous said…
You are right--this family member LOVED seeing the pictures and reliving the moments. How awesome an experience we had. An opportunity I never thought we would have--to go, let alone go as a family. I'd love to go back!
Mom
Tia said…
Great post...reminded me of a trip to France. Maybe I'll go home and dig out the pictures! :)
Joy said…
Isn't France beautiful?? I'd love to go back, too. We went as "chaperones" with a school teacher friend and her class about 11 years ago. Seven countries in nine days - with a film camera. Wanna guess how much it cost to develop all the film? LOL
Wow! Beautiful!!! BEAUTIFUL!!! Uhm, even with a point and shoot you got some really great shots. I loved this little trip down memory lane with you.

And holy cow is Camden tiny here!
Amanda said…
Well, I think your pictures are fantastic and it is my dream to visit there one day, if I could find a way to knock myself out for the plane ride!!!
Brenda Lewis said…
Awesome pictures! What a wonderful opportunity you all had to go! Maybe your next family international trip can be to Korea! If it is, can I go, too?
Anonymous said…
Thanks for the memories, Melissa, tho we weren't w/you.
Gma E.

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel