Let's Try This Schedule Thing Again

Brian and Camden both had half day Thursday (because of impending snow) and then a snow day on Friday. Add that to Saturday and it's 2.5 days of cabin fever. After 3 snow days before Christmas break, 2 weeks of Christmas break, 5 snow days last week, Martin Luther King Day, and 1.5 more snow days, I am D.O.N.E. Our house doesn't even know what a schedule is anymore. Maybe some of you are wonderful mothers and can embrace all the freedom, but after a month, I just want a schedule.

Brian had a school project that kept him busy during the snow days and weekend so the kids and I played games, read books, did exercise routines (oh, yes, Camden wanted to do his school exercise routine over and over), etc. Unfortunately, Brian and I had chosen this week to put Camden on a little media fast (no Wii, TV, or DS) in order to help him get back control of his attitude. We did have family movie night Friday and watched The Little Rascals and then I gave in Saturday and let both kids watch Veggie Tales.

Can you hear the sigh of relief from me for this brief 30 minutes?
012411_3
f2.2, ISO 800, 1/80SS

Rory watched American Idol with me Thursday night so can you guess what she did all day Friday?
012411_4
f2.8, ISO400, 1/100ss

And this is what she does when we "judge" her as she says "thank you, thank you" over and over again. Humble she is not.
012411_5
f2.8, ISO400, 1/100ss

I made cupcakes and let the kids decorate them completely on their own Friday. The OCD in me was screaming the whole time, but outwardly I remained calm and the kids had a blast. Camden was slightly disappointed I didn't have everything needed to make a Star Wars cupcake complete with a light saber. I thought I was doing pretty well to have pretty cupcake liners, food coloring and 3 different kinds of sprinkles.
012411_2
f2.2, ISO800, 1/125SS

And now we begin a new week with school for both Brian and Camden today, but the chance of sleet/snow every. single. night. this. week. Sigh.



41. Getting back to a schedule (ha! laughing as I reread this one from last Monday morning)
42. Camden's relative good mood
43. Rory's little voice saying, "the after part is the good thing."
44. Psalms 119: 36 - Turn my heart toward your statues and not toward selfish gain.
45. for my very, very part-time job that allowed me to get out of the house and feel like I accomplished something today.
46. for the sound of Camden in the bathroom praying (quite fervently judging by the "please, please, please")that he'd feel better
47. for another snow day
48. for the opportunity to sleep in two days in a row
49. for the sight of Camden reading his first "real" book all on his own and coming back for more
50. for a few hours of peace when Brian volunteered to take the kids and do the grocery shopping
51. for my dear friends who have waited a long time to become parents and received their referral of a beautiful baby boy
52. for finally finishing Family Driven Faith and for the conviction reading it brought


Comments

Elizabeth Frick said…
WHAT?! You mean you DON'T have light sabers for your cupcakes?! Such a sorry excuse for a baker... ;)
It looks like the kids really enjoyed the decorating!
And I hear you on the schedule thing. Of course, our days are the same ALL the time, but when we stray from the self-imposed schedule, it drives us all a little nuts.
I love all of the pics (of course!) and I completely hear you on the schedule. We've had more snow days here than I care to think about and they seem to throw the whole week off-kilter. How far away is spring?!
Amy said…
I just love her modest, humble face!! Adorable! And, yeah, my OCD tendencies would have been screaming, too. #51 just makes me smile...again!
Krista said…
Love that you are sharing the photo specs - gives me ideas as to what sort of settings I should be playing with :)
I love #50... can Brian have a talk with Matt?

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel