Happy Labor Day

Why is it that I have to drag my children out of bed at 6:55 every school day, but on the weekends, they're wide awake by 6:00? It's happened every weekend so far (including this holiday morning). I just want to sleep in! I guess parents with children don't get to do that often, and I should just get used to it.

Brian and I had the bright idea to take the kids to Nashville to a fun park yesterday afternoon, and the kids were so excited. Unfortunately, it started storming right before we got there. We managed to get in about 10 minutes of park time before having to leave and then we spent a very long 45 minutes on the ride home in a crazy thunder storm that included hail. We were all glad to get home and wished we hadn't wasted 2.5 hours of our Sunday afternoon.

Brian and Camden are out fishing and floating the river with a friend. Between school, camping trips, baseball, and now fishing, poor Rory thinks she is always being left behind and is quite the teary mess about it all.

If the rain holds off, Camden's first baseball game is tonight. I can't wait to see him play again, and he is so excited about it. I think I mentioned that fall ball is pretty low-key. Well, this is how low-key: there's only one other team, and we're just going to scrimmage every Monday night for the next 6 weeks or so. It will be good practice for all of them I think. Camden was quite insistent that there will still be a winner and a loser even if it's just a scrimmage. LOL

Well, I'm going to spend the day playing with Rory, picking the house up after the weekend, and maybe getting some scrapping time in.


Traci Reed: Joyful, Joyful
Lauren Grier: Walk Along Side Me

Comments

Amanda said…
I just had to post and tell you your shadows look great on the joyful, joyful kit. Love it!!!
Anonymous said…
Melissa, if you could capture beauty from the inside out, this would be it! Such a loving picture. Grandma E.

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Project 365/52 - Week 5