Sad News

We had a phone call from our agency yesterday letting us know that our caseworker had passed away during childbirth on Friday. It is so sad. She was 26 and this was their first child. She apparently had amniotic fluid embolism, which is very rare. I actually talked to her on Thursday when she called to let me know that it would be her last day and that she would be returning in June after maternity leave. I told her I'd be thinking about her, and she said, "this is different for us - I'm used to seeing babies 'born' in an airport." Her baby is doing well. I have not stopped thinking about her family since we heard the news.

Rory ran a fever off and on yesterday, but seemed better. Her sleeping improved a bit last night. She was up about every hour, but that's better than every 15-20 minutes. She woke up this morning fever-free and seems to feel okay although Camden might disagree. I put her down for a second this morning to help him with something, and she screamed, of course. Camden looked at me and asked, "How do you get used to her?"

Here's a page I scrapped with a picture of Rory at 17 months.

Comments

omg how sad is that....

I will pray for her husband and newborn!!! The pain they all must be in, family, freinds, co-workers! You don't even know what to say.....

..................
Camden..... he will learn to love her! =) how cute is it the things they say!

Thinking of you guys....your sw/friend, camden getting used to Rory and Rory continuing to adjust
Amanda said…
This is so sad. Very sorry to hear about this. We will pray for the family tonight.

The page of Rory is great! Such a cute picture. I am glad she is feeling a little better.
I am so sad to hear about that! I will pray for the family as well.

I hope Rory feels better soon!
Karen said…
I've been out of town for a few days, so am just reading this. I'm so sorry to hear about your caseworker. Our first SW passed away during a hiking trip just after Sam came home. We were the last family she visited before going on vacation. I still think of her all the time. I'll keep your caseworker's family in my prayers.

I hope Rory is feeling better!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel