April 2

Once again I'm a loser. I've totally lost track of all dates and should have realized that we arrived home with Rory one month ago yesterday. I've even got two layouts started along the lines of "What We Knew Then" and "What We Know Now" but they just didn't get finished! I didn't even remember to call my friend Tina for her on birthday on Monday, because my dates were so mixed up.

Lunch was great yesterday. Everything in my life has changed so much in the last month that it was nice to do something that felt very familiar and normal. After lunch, I decided I really needed Starbucks (since I never even see one these days) and the line was ridiculously long! I was in the drive-through for 20 minutes, and Rory was none too happy about it. After we finally finished up, she got this little mad look on her face and babbled away at me for a good ten minutes. I think she was chewing me out.

We got home the same time as Brian and Camden and decided to take a family walk so everyone could have fresh air. Camden jogged almost the entire time and then was wiped out by the time we got home.

The funniest thing happened last night. I was walking around the house working a bit, holding Rory, and she kept reaching for my hand, bowing her head, and babbling away. Brian got in on the action and she wanted to hold his hand too and she kept doing the bowing her head, babbling away, etc. We finally realized she was praying. It was adorable! We always have a little time in Camden's bed when it's bedtime where we're all there, and she just giggles in delight when it's time to pray. She wiggles her little bottom on the bed, makes sure we're all holding hands, etc. So, she was apparently just re-enacting her favorite part of the day.

Rory is regressing in her sleep a little bit. The last several nights she is wanting to sleep with us instead of on the palette by our bed, which makes it much more difficult for us to sleep well. This girl is like an acrobatic gymnast in her sleep. I've never seen anything like it - she rolls, tumbles, kicks HARD and is never still. I'm also really having trouble with my back and hips. They've never been quite right after our trip home in which I carried her for HOURS on end, but it seems to be getting worse. They hurt almost non-stop. I know that most people who see us out and about do not believe that the social and smiling child they see is the clingy and sometimes grouchy child at home who never wants to be put down. I'm sure the constant carrying is a big part of my back problems.

Here's a Camden funny. Last night on the way home from school he was telling Brian that they're supposed to be reading a book every night (which we used to do faithfully - not so much in the last several weeks). He said that he gets a Pizza Hut certificate if we finish out the month reading a book a day, but that he doesn't really want it because he's "worn out from pizza." Ummmm, apparently we've relied on pizza for supper a few too many times lately.

Rory woke up cranky this morning so we're taking it easy. I've got grocery shopping and a walk planned for later, but for now I think I'll camp out on the couch with her on my lap for a bit. Yesterday was a busy day so she may be feeling the effects of that.

I scrapped a page of just Camden. I was feeling bad about all the pink pages I've done recently!

Comments

M :-) said…
Welcome to life as a SAHM! I *never* know what the date is anymore.

That is so precous that Rory loves to pray.

LOL at Camden. He sounds like Noah. I asked him what he wanted to eat yesterday, and he said "I want the food that you cook, not the food that we have to drive to get" -- guess we've been eating take out way too much lately. ;)
StarWarsFans said…
Ditto. What's a calender? As a SAHM, I'm lucky to know what day of the week it is let alone the actual date!

It sounds like Rory and Kaden have a lot in common. He also likes to do gymnastics in his sleep as well and his favorite thing to do is pray. We sometimes pray over our meal 3 or 4 times before eating. We're happy to do it though. If we can instill the power of prayer in him now, then he'll enjoy the blessings later!

Aww...the "Book It" pizza days. I remember them fondly. I think my parents were sick of pizza, but I never was. Is it possible to "wear out" pizza? Hmmm....

I'll be praying for Rory's sleep habits. You've made it through her first month home. It can only get easier from here on out, right?

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel