A Busy Weekend

This weekend was definitely the busiest yet since Rory has been home, but it was good. Friday night we went to supper with Brian's parents. We hadn't really seen them since Easter. After supper, we went to Lowe's to pick up a new ceiling fan (I'm so happy to have this installed in the computer room!), to the mall to pick up a dress I wanted for Rory's first official photo shoot on Saturday, and also to buy the sleep book our doctor recommended.

Saturday morning Camden went to stay with Michael and Liz, and I have to say that it was so nice to have a little quiet! One child is definitely easier than two. Poor Brian worked on the plumbing almost all day and it's still not fixed all the way, but the leak is minimal anyway. Saturday night we met some friends for dinner, and that was fun. Their two year-old is so cute and talking up a storm. Rory was very quiet, so she may have been a bit overwhelmed.

Sunday morning was church and then it was family night in the gym after church. I thought she did really well, but when we got home, she was so wound up and it took over 2 hours to get her to sleep and then she "slept" in our bed all night. I say "slept" because she tossed and turned and woke up over and over over. I think I should have kept her home last night. She always seems to do well in situations like that and then we pay for it when we get home. I notice it mostly when we've had a "night" activity that involves many people.

This morning was EARLY! Rory and I had to leave the house at 6:15 because I had a breast MRI this morning at 7:00. Liz came and sat with Rory while I had the MRI. It was worse than I expected, but it's over and done with and hopefully will come back all clear. When I first went in, I thought I was going to panic, which I did not expect at all, but I calmed down and made it through. After the MRI, we met a friend for breakfast at Panera Bread (YUM!), hit then library and grocery store on the way home, and now I'm exhausted!

Here's a page using pictures from Rory's first haircut. I'm off to feed Rory lunch and then I just might nap with her this afternoon.

Comments

Jodi said…
I'll be thinking good thoughts for you as you await the results of your MRI. I had a breast biopsy done on Friday and am nervously awaiting the results as well!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel