Rain, Rain, Go Away

Seriously, more rain and storms. Enough with the rain already!

Our Thursday went well. The doctor's appointment was productive, although she did scream from the moment the nurses walked in and then the doctor until they left. She weighs 20 lbs, 8 ounces, 30.5 inches tall. That puts her at 17th percentile for height, 2nd percentile for weight, and 3rd percentile for head circumference. Dr. Heil recommended that I read Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Baby and put it into practice. I knew that she wasn't getting enough sleep, and he confirmed that babies do not thrive and stay healthy on only 8-9 hours of sleep a day. He said they need 13-14 hours of sleep a day. I also asked him about her feet because they turn in when she walks, but he said that everything looked fine and that they would correct themselves. She does have an ear infection from the cold last week, but since she's not running a fever, there's no treatment. He prescribed medication for her constipation and said she could stay on it for years if needed. She had to get 4 shots, which were not fun, but necessary. Last, but not least, he said several times how beautiful she is.

After the doctor's office, I went to Gymboree and Gap for their sales and had a ton of fun shopping. Retail therapy is just what I needed after being shut up in the house for the past 10 days (I don't do well with this). We came home and she took a THREE hour nap! Apparently, being traumatized at the doctor's office wears a girl out.

All my sleepless nights caught up with me last night, and while I did sleep better, I woke up completely exhausted! Of course, it didn't help that Rory was raring to go at 5:00 a.m. So at 6:45 I loaded us both up to head out for coffee. Good thing there are drive-throughs because we were both in our p.j.'s and it was pouring down rain.

There's not too much on the agenda today. I want to get the house back in order (like I didn't just do this yesterday and the day before and the day before that, etc.), maybe strip beds and wash sheets, and possibly make chocolate chip cookies. If you know me, you know how much this will stress me out, but I might even let Rory help!

Tonight we're headed to Cracker Barrel for supper (we have giftcards from Christmas), and I'm looking forward to getting out again. This house is starting to feel very small. We are continuing to keep Rory close and try to keep our world small. While it feels like she is adjusting well, we definitely have some indiscriminate friendliness going on whenever we leave the house and see others, and so we're trying to get that under control.

Here is a page with 18 month stats on Rory. Click on picture if you want to read journaling.

Comments

Angie said…
I'm ready for the rain to go away also!! I love the last few layouts. She is such a cutie!! I can't wait for our photo shoot next week!! The videos are great also. Especially the part of Camden taking her for a walk! Hope you guys have a great weekend.
StarWarsFans said…
I really hope you can find some insight in that book. I read it and STILL Kaden only sleeps a total of 9 hours a day. I know it's not enough, but how do you FORCE a child to sleep? So frustrating. I hope you have much, much better luck with Rory!
Melissa said…
healthy sleep habits, happy baby saved my life! read it and follow it to the letter and soon you will free yourself from sleep deprevation (and your baby too!) I called it my sleep bible when my son was a baby

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel