Happy New Year

It was back to work for me this morning, but since it was New Year's Day, I had the roads to myself. Turns out I also have the office to myself since there's no one else working today (hence, the blog post from work). It's been almost 2 weeks since I've had to use my alarm clock and both times it went off this morning, I rolled over to punch Brian to tell him to turn off his alarm. Only it wasn't his, but mine, and 5:00 a.m. came way too early!

Brian came home from the lock-in sick. His voice is almost totally gone. Well, not completely - he sounds like a mix of Alvin the Chipmunk and a girl. It's hilarious, and we've gotten quite a few laughs from it. I do hate that he's sick though. My own throat is sore this morning, and I was hoping it was just sympathy pains for him, but since it's not going away I may be coming down with something.

I wanted to share a cute Camden/Uncle Matt story. Uncle Matt was Camden's new favorite relative this trip, which was really sweet. Uncle Matt would arm curl him (which Brian discovered is much harder than it looks!), and the first couple of times he did it, Camden would just laugh and laugh, and at one point said, "Uncle Matt, you must eat alot of vegetables and drink lots of milk to be so strong."

Let's talk resolutions. I don't normally do these, but I am feeling the need to do so this year. These few things have been on my mind for a while, and I want to just put them out there (I just might even scrap them) to help keep me a bit more accountable. (1) The first and most important one to me - Try to be more patient and less of a perfectionist where Camden is concerned. For those of you who know me, that one is pretty self-explanatory. (2) Live a healthier lifestyle. Notice I didn't say "lose weight" (don't want to set myself up for failure!), but I do want to make better eating choices and make sure that I am exercising on a very regular basis. (3) Read through the Bible again. I have done a much better job this year of daily devotions, but I want to go ahead and just read the Bible through again - it's a good way to keep myself accountable, and I have a feeling that with the responsibilities and busyness of a new baby, I'll need the extra motivation. (4) Get back to regular piano practice. For those of you who don't know, I took piano lessons for 13 years and the piano is VERY meaningful to me, but ever since Camden arrived, it has most definitely taken a backseat, and I have lost some of my skill, so I want to try to focus on that a bit more. (5) Last, a frivolous resolution - to keep current on my scrapbook pages so I can keep them printed out and we can enjoy them rather than letting the pictures waste away on my computer.

Here are 3 layouts from yesterday.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Project 365/52 - Week 5