Friday

Just a quick post today. Believe me, you'll be bored by the time I finish even the first paragraph - that's how exciting life is today.

The guy didn't fix our driver-side mirror yesterday so we're heading out to meet him in a few minutes. Hopefully, he'll really be able to fix it this time. We're hoping that it doesn't mess up our plans for a movie because Camden is spending the day at Gram's. Then we need to grocery shop, pick up a birthday present for the birthday party Camden is attending tonight, go to Gram and Gramp's house for supper, then off to the party. Sound exciting?

I'm feeling fairly discouraged today because late yesterday afternoon we got an email from our caseworker saying we should expect our I600 to take the full 10 weeks to process instead of the faster time we were hoping for. If it really takes 10 weeks, then we're looking at at least another 10 weeks before we travel, which puts us into mid-to-late March. I am so frustrated by this! I keep repeating to myself, "God is in control. God is in control." I know that He knows about this, but it doesn't really make me less frustrated! I just keep thinking about how each day we're apart from Rory makes it more difficult for her transition into our family and how we are missing so much. She is already 15 months old. We've missed her first birthday, first 2 Christmases, first steps, first words. The list can go on and on.

No layouts for me. I actually haven't scrapped all week (all this week's layouts were from the weekend). I'm wanting to slow down a bit of my scrapping so that it doesn't take up so much time in the evenings. I should be spending them doing more productive things like cleaning and laundry. Unfortunately, while I slowed down the scrapping this week, I didn't really pick up on the cleaning bit. Since we have no plans for tomorrow, I'll catch up then.

Comments

Amanda said…
I am so sorry for the news of the delay with Rory. I just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you and will be praying for you!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Project 365/52 - Week 5