DWTS

So, my big news is DWTS. Otherwise known as Dancing With the Stars – the Live Tour! My very pregnant friend Kathy managed to snag free tickets to the show on Saturday night and asked me if I would go with her. Of course I said yes since this is one of my very favorite shows to watch. It’s so fun and entertaining, but not something we would ever spend money on to see live. I should mention that Kathy has been having contractions for days now so who knows if she’ll make it there or not. With our luck, her water will break right in the middle of it!


Another piece of good news is that Kathy has asked me to be in the delivery room with her when baby Andrew is born, and I am so excited about that. So I'm attached at the hip to my cell phone, and my camera is now riding along with me everywhere I go so that I'll be prepared when they call!

My newest update in the roller coaster ride of adoption is that the immigration office is in the final stages of reviewing our paperwork and it should be issued next week. If this is true, then we’re looking at about 4 weeks to travel (down significantly from last week’s prediction of 9-10 weeks). I’m trying very hard not to get too invested in that news and to just keep planning for a longer wait. It’s better to be surprised, right?

I think we’re *this* close to being ready for Rory. The nursery is very close to being finished. The wall letters arrived Monday (see paragraph below for my review of them), and I’m pretty sure I know what I want to do to finish off the wall decorations. I’m ordering my diaper bag today (if any of you remember the diaper bag saga from Camden’s adoption, you’ll know that I had too many bags to count for him; I’m only allowed one this time LOL). I’m ordering a baby carrier this weekend (a Chunei for my fellow adoptive parents who might be interested). I’m buying our first pack of diapers when I shop this weekend (they are 2 for $16 at Target!). Yesterday at lunch I hit the jackpot at BabyGap and bought several pairs of girly p.j.’s for next to nothing, and I bought three outfits from Gymboree that have been on my “must-have” list since before Thanksgiving. (Yes, I think I should lock up the credit card for a while!)

So. My wall letters. You know, the ones I have been eagerly anticipating for over 2 months now. I am so disappointed in them! The paint is thin – you can still see the wood through them. On the letter that has little flowers, you can see the pencil marks where she drew the flowers and then didn’t cover up the pencil marks. On another letter, she must have started painting with a darker color, because there’s a splotch underneath the white paint. The good news is that when you look at them hanging up on the wall, you don’t notice these mistakes – you would need to be pretty close to see them. It drives me crazy, though! I am certainly not going to be leaving her good feedback, and I’m really tempted to just paint over them.

Brian was so disappointed to wake up this morning to rain. It snowed a bit last night, and he was really hoping for a snow day. Walking home from church last night, Camden was ecstatic. He kept saying, "Oh, I'm so, so glad there is now." He and his Gramps even put together a few snowballs.

I think I mentioned a while ago that the first thing out of Camden’s mouth each morning is, “mommy, daddy, look how much I growed.” Seriously, every morning. Last night when I put him in the bathtub, he made me stop and look at him (n.a.k.e.d. of course) and said “wow, I really growed at school today.” Then when I got him out of the bathtub, I was drying him off and he said, “Wait a minute! Wait a minute! I can’t BELIEVE how much I growed in the bathtub!”

I scrapped this page over the weekend. This is Camden, Emily and Meredith (Kathy's girls) during their sleepover back in November. Aren't they cute in their p.j.'s!

Comments

Bretta said…
Hi Melissa...I'm hopeless at leaving comments, but I regularly read your blog and am so tickled that Rory is coming soon! I just finished reading Camden's "growed" story to dh and dd and we all had a laugh at how cute that was. Have fun this weekend!
M :-) said…
Oh, Melissa, Camden cracks me up!!!

I'm praying that you receive your I600 next week. You are getting SO close, and I could not be more thrilled for you.
Anonymous said…
a great layout. I love it.

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Project 365/52 - Week 5