Snapshot #2

Outside my window: Beautiful cooler temperatures and a UPS notice saying my Gymboree package will be here today. ;)

I am thinking: About the nightmare I had last night which woke me up at 4:30 this morning.


I am thankful for: Low platelets which are giving me an extra week off of chemo, although after my nightmare I'm tempted to call Dr. W and ask if I can still come in!

I am wearing: My comfy clothes.

Last 3 purchases: Dunkin' Donuts for the kids this morning (okay, and for me), some cute fall clothing from Gymboree, the new Shabby Princess kits because I cannot resist.

Dinner plans: It's just going to be me and the girl tonight so we'll probably just have a sandwich. There's no way I'm cooking for just the 2 of us.

Last verse I read that spoke to me: So we're not giving up. How could we! Even though on the outside it often looks like things are falling apart on us, on the inside, where God is making new life, not a day goes by without his unfolding grace. These hard times are small potatoes compared to the coming good times, the lavish celebration prepared for us. There's far more here than meets the eye. The things we see now are here today, gone tomorrow. But the things we can't see now will last forever. 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

Future plans I'm looking forward to:  Looking at houses next week; Addison's naptime (because I'm going to join her!), my regular Friday night late-night scrapping.

Kid funny: This morning Camden walked out of the bathroom after brushing his teeth holding the toothpaste and said, "when they say 'intense mint' they mean 'intense mint'!"

I am reading: Dream Team and re-reading Divurgent.

In the kitchen: Fixings for a new taco recipe and fresh tomatoes from my mother-in-law's garden.

On my desk: the remote control, my wedding ring and watch, duct tape (don't ask), and Rory's grandparents day craft that I still haven't mailed to my parents.

Snacking on: I am trying to cut back on all snacking so I'm refusing to answer on the grounds that I might incriminate myself.

Background noise: Addison chattering away as she scoots all over the living room.

Rest-of-the-day-plans: Babysitting Addison, cleaning the bathrooms (fun times), an evening with my girl - maybe a walk, the Snow White photoshoot she's actually been asking for, and then staying up late to scrap.

One of the many nice things about attending a small school is the fundraisers they do to help out families from the school. (We were the recipient of these last year.) Anyway, one day this week was hat day and Camden wanted to wear his baseball cap.
DSC_5626

DSC_5622

He has suddenly decided that this is the funniest face ever, and I've seen it a whole lot recently.
DSC_5620

And for those of you who care, I used my 70-200 lens for these pictures. As is typical with this lens, the colors are super rich and it has fabulous bokeh, but I always need to really up my ISO. The settings were f2.8, 1/250 SS, and 800 ISO.

Comments

Amanda said…
Love these photos. I really love the warmth in them.
I love the warmth in these photos too!! And the little tidbits. I've had a snacking issue myself this week... so your answer made me laugh out loud.

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel