Friday's Photos

Well, I took a grand total of 4 pictures last night for Rory's birthday (and 2 were with my iPhone). Our house has one small light in the main living space so once it's dark outside, pictures are impossible. I mean, literally, it is so dark my camera cannot find focus.

I have to say that Rory's birthday started off really rough. In case any of you were under the impression that my kids never fight and are always sweet to each other, I have clearly misrepresented our family. They had an episode yesterday that involved pulling hair, screaming, and punching. Oh, yes. Good times.

Anyway, I was sorely tempted to call off her birthday altogether, but decided to take a deep breath and not do something I might regret later. After punishment was handed out (and, yes, it was fairly severe for all involved), the night was fun. I think her 6th birthday will forever be known as the Barbie Birthday as well as the one in which there was a literal fist fight. Here's hoping that never happens again.

DSC_5923

DSC_5927

DSC_5931

Cute cake, right? She requested strawberry cake with chocolate ice cream and something sparkly.
IMG_0137

Despite that major fight they had, I have to say that they quickly were best friends again. Which made me feel better about the horrific fight they had earlier. Camden reading her new Olivia book to her. She LOVES Olivia books and the Olivia TV show. Loves.
IMG_0136

Oh, and in case you're wondering, Camden bought her sparkly scented nail polish. :)


Comments

Amy said…
Whoa! Punching?...but they always look so angelic on the blog! :) I'm pretty sure my brother and I had more than a few of those kind of episodes. Glad the birthday party wasn't cancelled! Oh, and I love that picture of you. Your hair looks great!
Joy said…
Yep, sounds like a few sessions at our house. No punching (yet), but everything else! Glad Rory was able to have her party!

Sumner loves Olivia too. She sings "Goodnight Olivia" at bedtime every night. We have to get the kids together to play again soon!
Renee T. said…
Did you make that cake ??? It looks delicious :)
Monica said…
2 questions:
1) Were you the one pulling hair?
2) Did you decorate the cake? It's pretty!
Happy Birthday Rory! 6!! Such a big, fun age. And such a darling girlie.

Love that family photo!!
Happy, happy birthday Rory!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel