Melt my Heart

I promised you a story about Camden that will melt your heart, and I have one of those. But just yesterday's blog, I also have a really funny Camden story.

First the sweet story. In Camden's 3rd grade class, they are rewarded with stamps for good behavior. Each Friday, they're allowed to go shopping and buy little gadgets and toys. I noticed that Camden had not brought anything home for a couple of weeks so I asked him about it. He leaned over to me and whispered in my ear, "Can you make Rory go into her room, shut the door and lock it?"

I didn't quite know what to make of that, but I told Rory to go to her room for a minute. Camden then proceeded to tell me that he has been saving up all his stamps so that he can "buy" Rory a birthday present. Melt your heart, right? Since then, he gives me conspiratorial looks and winks whenever her birthday comes up (it's tomorrow). I love it.

And now the funny story.

Camden has an easy gag reflex. Always has. (Does this sound like the start of a great story?) I've noticed him recently gagging at the table, although he tries to hide it from me. Probably because it makes me irritated when he gags at the meal I've taken the time and effort to cook. Anyway, last night I noticed him leave the table, sit down on the floor, and hold his stomach. Brian and I are both yelling at him to go to the bathroom if he needs to throw up. He takes a deep breath, composes himself, then says, "Rory is talking with food in her mouth, and I just can't take it."

Well, I thought that was kind of funny (because, yes, he REALLY is that sensitive), but when he proceeded to tell me this, I totally lost it. "Last year, I had to go throw up in the bathroom because ____ was burping the A, B, C's. . . . and it was a good hot lunch, too!"

I feel this isn't translating to a blog post very well. ;) Anyway, we laughed. Alot.

And now this week's pictures. Once again, did not tell them to pose, and I'm kind of loving how they react to the camera these days. Do you ever feel like you're falling in love with your kids all over again? I've kind of felt that way recently.
DSC_5817

DSC_5828

DSC_5830

DSC_5831

DSC_5837

DSC_5840

DSC_5825

Processed with Florabella Colorplay Perfect Color action, then the Hazy action with sheer haze and sunflower haze.


Comments

Beth said…
I am totally cracking up, out loud during naptime, about Camden and the gagging. And, he is so sweet. Love those stories!
Becky said…
I think it translates well enough on the blog. Of course, it is helpful for me to read the details since last night on the phone we were both laughing so hard that I missed a few of them! :)
OK... yes... that is a very sweet story about Camden. But the gag reflex story?!? SO. VERY. FUNNY!!! Poor guy!!!
KrisJ said…
Oh my goodness those photos are to sweet!! I have a very sensitive gag reflex too so I feel for him lol! And what a sweet sweet boy! Cant wait to see what his savings got!
Vicky said…
Officially melted mine too- such a sweet boy. And that is pure brotherly/sisterly love going on- something I rarely see- glad you are capturing theirs :)
Krista said…
What a sweet... and sensitive (on many levels) little guy you have there!
Lori said…
I have a gagger at my house too. It's pretty infuriating but at the same time funny. Last night my son mentioned he wanted to watch the gag reel on The Avengers DVD and I told him we could have our own gag reel from our house. He didn't think it was funny. He's 12 and as I know you know, they just grow up so fast! Love your pictures and blog and stories so much. My parents live in McKinney, Tx. It is a lovely city.
Katie Nelson said…
I'm giggling over this because in 5th grade, my best friend threw up on a boy who burped in her face. Totally served him right! :)
Oh Camden! I understand the horror of ruining a good, hot lunch!! And him saving his stamps for Rory is just awesome!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel