Canceled

A couple of disclaimers.

1. I'm feeling all kinds of refreshed and motivated regarding photography so prepare yourself now for even more pictures than normal over the next several weeks.

2. I forget sometimes that not everyone cares about all the specifics or agonizes over every. little. setting/detail. Feel free to ignore anything you don't care about or understand. :) The information is for the photography geeks who care about settings and technical camera info.

Now on to these pictures.

I've been working on several things regarding my photography, and one of them is great in-camera settings. Getting it right while taking pictures indoors is really hard when there is not adequate light, but this particular morning I am proud of myself for figuring out exposure and white balance. 

It was a dark, rainy Saturday morning, and there wasn't much light, but I think I managed to properly expose for her face. The darkness of the rest of the shot shows the moody feeling to the room.

Or maybe it's all a bunch of bologna. ;)

She had just found out her soccer game was canceled.
DSC_5011

You cannot keep this girl sad for long.
DSC_5013

DSC_5017

DSC_5014

I just love her.
DSC_5015

I used my 35mm lens and my settings were f2, ISO 640, 1/200 SS. I manually set my Kelvin to 5300 in-camera. Pics are SOOC with the exception of a haze layer. After the first 2 pictures, she picked her head up and faced a little more toward the light, which is why the exposure is a little better for the final pictures.

Comments

Vicky said…
I admire anyone who can achieve a desired look sootc. You would think living with a professional photographer would rub off on me... but no, point and shoot it is for me. Am really considering a DSLR and a few classes to learn... thanks for inspiring me :)

And Riley cracks me up!
Gina Kleinworth said…
These came out so beautiful!!!! I love her smile! Great job!
Monica said…
These are just perfect!!! I can't believe they're SOOC and your own settings! Great job!!
Amy said…
These are fantastic! Taking pictures indoors is my nemesis. I really just can't figure out how to do it without the flash. Maybe one day...
A M A Z I N G ! ! !
So jealous! and who wouldn't LOVE her!
These are amazing, amazing, amazing!!! What a huge accomplishment on this! WOOT!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel