Hope

I am incredibly lucky to be a part of The Lilypad. It has been my favorite digital scrapping store since its very beginning, and it continues to be my favorite digital place to hang out. And not only is it my favorite hang out, but I have the great privilege of being a part of the Lilypad team. About a week ago I was surprised and humbled to find a note in my inbox from the designers. They have created a beautiful kit in my honor, and I am not sure I could think of anything more encouraging to me personally than this kit full of words of hope and faith. You can purchase it by clicking here if you're a scrapper looking for a gorgeous kit by my favorite designers. Or you can just look at the beautiful pages and say a prayer of thanks for God's goodness in my life.

collab_paddesigners-hope-prev1

Here is the page I scrapped with it.
051711_igotthis-web

And here is Becky's page. I dare you to read it without crying. I certainly can't. Journaling is as follows:

This wasn't supposed to happen.

You were supposed to be safe.

I will never forget those days after my diagnosis as we waited for your genetic test results and Elizabeth's to come back in.  I prayed so hard, begging God to spare you both, asking for you not to carry this burden.  It was negative--big sigh of relief and thanks to God.

You were supposed to be safe.

That night in March as the boys and I drove through the night, I asked God, I prayed, I begged, "please don't let it be, don't let it be."  During your surgery as the hours ticked by each of us getting increasingly nervous, still we prayed, still we asked, and we pleaded....don't let it be, please, God, don't let it be.

And yet, somehow, you weren't safe, and the one thing that I would never want to share with you, in an instant, we shared.  I think that only one who has carried the burden herself can really know the grief of hearing that a sister is diagnosed with cancer, of knowing just a portion of what she will face, the demons that are sure to settle into the back of her mind.

       It's different on this side of things and I don't like it.  If I could, I would take it from you ten times over and yet, now my heart knows what it would be like for you to watch and I don't   know that I could turn that hurt over to you either.

       Safety, like so many things, is all about perspective, and you ARE safe.  I confess to worrying that it may not be the 'safe' that I want, but I know that you are safe, you are held, you are choosing joy, you are shining as a bright light and I am proud of you, of the way you are fighting, and yet will always always mourn that we (as sisters) have shared more than sisters should ever have to share.
111019safe


I promise to be back later with news from the week and maybe even a few pictures.

Comments

JenBreeze said…
Melissa- Both of you have created such heartfelt, beautiful pages. Just another reminder of how lucky you and Becky are to have one another as sisters and friends. I have been silently following your journey here on your blog and have been so inspired by your faith, determination, focus and love. I will continue to send my prayers your direction, and your family will be in my heart as I scrap with the beautiful TLP collaboration kit made in your honor!!
Joy said…
Wow. What an amazing and inspiring post. I wish I was a scrapper because I would click buy on that beautiful set right now. What a wonderful gift from your friends! Love all of it - the quotes, colors and all.

Thank you for sharing both journal pages. Your family is SO amazing and supportive. It's so wonderful to see a family that rallies together in troubles, plays together in fun and prays no matter what. Your family is an inspiration to all of us.

Wishing you a wonderful and relaxing weekend!! Hope it's fun! : )
Amber said…
beautiful! both of you!
Chris said…
I don't normally shop @ the Lilypad but I went right over and bought this! Thanks so much for letting us know about it!
Oh my... both pages are beautiful... but Becky's leaves me a sobbing mess. I'm not a scrapper... but I may need to buy that kit anyway! I'm sure I could do something with it! :-)
Sarah T said…
I found you through a post on the daily digi that took me to the lily pad that took me to your gallery that brought me to your blog.... :o)

I'm starting my cancer journey too. I have stage 2 breast cancer. I had a lumpectomy last week and got my port today and starting chemo in 2 weeks.
I'm 34 with three kids (7, 5, and 4) one husband of 12 years and I love Jesus

After looking at some of your layouts, I resonate with some of the fears and feelings expresssed in your journaling. Thanks for being real. I'm gonna follow your blog and add you to my list of people I pray for.
already bought it! I can't wait to scrap with it!
Beautiful. All of it!
Andrea said…
So beautiful!
Amanda said…
You are right. I could not read her page without crying. How beautiful and sad all at the same time. I love this kit and you are so deserving and I hope it sells millions of times. The kit is so beautiful, just like you!!
Amy said…
Both pages are beautiful, Melissa! Becky's journaling leaves me in tears and I'm so thankful you have each other.
listgirl said…
Oh Melissa, how awesome is your family at TLP for putting that kit together. Your page is beautiful and so is Becky's. My heart aches reading both your journaling, especially Becky's. But it is awesome to know that God's definition of "safe" is so much bigger than ours!
Karen said…
I was so happily surprised to see your kit at TLP last week. I don't think I've ever "clicked to buy" so fast! The pages you both have created are gorgeous. I'm glad you gave a warning about the tearjerker that Becky's is! No one should have to endure what either one of you has, but God knew what he was doing when he gave you such an amazing, loving and supportive family...

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Project 365/52 - Week 5