They're baaaaacckkk

Since we've found two mice in traps the last two days, I can only infer that our house is infested. I find myself cringing as I open each cabinet door as if they're waiting to ambush me. In reality, I have not yet found any droppings, just two dead mice so maybe they're committing suicide as soon as they enter the house. Brian assures me they're more scared of me than I am of them, but I don't believe him.

My camera arrived late yesterday afternoon, which means that I did not have much time to play after the battery charged, supper, and church. I plan on dressing Rory up today and going outside to take some pictures. I'm sure she'll be thrilled. I have already discovered that my Lightroom version is not going to work with the RAW files from the D90 so I guess I'll be shooting in JPG until I can upgrade Lightroom, which will probably not be any time soon.


Rory and I are going to spend the day cleaning the house (doesn't that sound exciting?) right after I spend some time on the treadmill and she gets in her Dora and Boots TV time.



Joyce Paul/Fei Fei: Family Ties

Comments

Amanda said…
I am so afraid of mice. I just cringe typing out the word. We had a few in the garage last winter and I would walk all around the house to get to the car instead of going through the garage. We got a cat this summer and I hope he will help keep them away. We'll see!

That is bummer about your Lightroom. I went ahead and upgraded mine because I knew it wouldn't read the RAW files on the 50D but I still don't have a camera so we just need to combine our stuff LOL. I am sure you already know this but just in case you don't I wanted to pass along. You can upgrade through adobe and academic superstore for about $99.00.

Love your page and I can't wait to see some pictures from your Rory shoot today.
still shoot in RAW and just edit in Photoshop, I'm sure not the same, but most of the time that is where I do mine. I can't wait to see pictures!
Kim
joelsgirl said…
We had a rat when we lived in New Orleans that ate a 6 inch hole in my canvas bag to get to the shrink-wrapped cardboard heart full of chocolates. So we put out a super strength formula sticky rat trap pad, and when we came home, it was covered with rat hair and like ten feet from where we put it, but no rat. I cried when Joel said we couldn't stay in a hotel until the caught the thing. It is not fun to share a home with a rodent!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Project 365/52 - Week 5