The Perfect Chocolate Cake

I'm not sure how I could have failed to mention one of the highlights of the weekend. I've discovered the perfect chocolate cake! I'm not really a big cake fan. Let's be honest; if they're homemade, then the cake is typically dry or heavy. If you use a cake mix, then it's usually paired with a can of frosting, which I don't really care for. But after making this cake, I'm officially a fan. It has buttermilk and coffee in the cake batter. The coffee flavor doesn't come through, but seems to intensify the chocolate taste. The coffee in the buttercream icing, however, does come through and in a fabulous way. It's the perfect mix of chocolate and coffee. You'll never pop open a can of frosting again after you've tried this recipe!


Check out this old picture!
Traci Reed: A Lot Like Love

Comments

Amanda said…
Thanks for the link. I will have to try out the cake, although my hips probably won't thank you LOL!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Project 365/52 - Week 5