Crazy 8's

My random pieces from the week:
  • Camden declared his favorite colors to be white, gold, and silver.
  • Before bedtime Sunday night, this was Rory's prayer. "Dear Jesus, Help William and Xavier not go stinky in their pants. Thank you for the sunshine. Help a mosquito not bite me. Amen."
  • After I told Camden and Rory that we could stop praying for Uncle Micah because he got into med school, they both ran around the house jumping and screaming "thank you, Jeeessssuuuusss." It was hilarious (and possibly a bit sacrilegious).
  • Brian mentioned to me at supper last night that the school district is still looking for 2 summer school teachers. Camden looked at him and said, "So. Are you gonna make some money for us this summer or what?"
  • Rory was running around the yard in Camden's hat, and she told me her name was Adam. I said "who's Adam?" And she replied, "no, no, my Danny Gokey." Yes, my 2 year old knows the American Idol contestants.
I've been tagged by Mayme, so here goes.

8 Things I'm Looking Forward to:

1. Having Brian home this summer (starts Monday!).
2. Owning our own home again.
3. My anniversary date with Brian tomorrow (trying out this place!).
4. Seeing Tim, Jess, and the kids again next week.
5. Seeing the rest of our proofs from our photo shoot with Kellie.
6. One day actually going on a real vacation that includes the beach!
7. Taking Camden and Rory back to Korea for a visit.
8. The new Harry Potter movie (July 15!).

8 Things I Did Yesterday

1. Went to the doctor/Target/pharmacy/library.
2. My Esther study for the day.
3. Emptied the dishwasher.
4. Watched the Cleveland Cavaliers beat the Orlando Magic. Lebron James is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.
5. Read Maisy Goes to the Library to Rory and Camden about 16 times.
6. Saw a brand new baby goat (brand new as in about 10 minutes old).
7. Heard "my need huuupp" about 500 times. Not complaining about this one; the time is coming much too quickly when she won't want to be held anymore!
8. Watched Camden play a baseball game. (We lost. Again.)

8 Things I Wish I Could Do

1. Adopt again.
2. Find a way to make money from home so Brian doesn't have to drive a bus this year (job #3!).
3. Live closer to my parents and other siblings.
4. Scrap like Gina.
5. Be crafty.
6. Be a photographer.
7. Hire a housekeeper (come on, you know that's on your list too!).
8. Snap my fingers and immediately become a calm, patient parent.

8 Shows I Watch

1. American Idol
2. Dancing With the Stars
3. America's Next Top Model
4. Survivor
5. Bones
6. 24
7. Prison Break
8. Top Chef

And I'm tagging:

Becky
Kim
Amy
Christine
Kris
Brian
Karen
Melissa


Gina Miller/Rachel Young/Kate Hadfield: Backyard Bliss

Comments

Amanda said…
Loved reading through the post today!! I saw the pics on Kellie's blog and they are so fantastic!!
Ooooo - I've been tagged!! Yay!

Love your 8's! (Hope mine are that fun!)
Karen said…
Yikes! I'm slow to see my name here! I'll go post now. :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)