No More Rain

Rain, rain, go away, come again another day. We are TIRED of rain! The kids especially are tired of rain. They beg me to play outside, which is pretty impossible when there is pouring down rain. We didn't actually have rain during the day yesterday, but we had enough rain during the night that our ground was very muddy, so I let them play on the deck. That kept them happy for a little while at least. Today, we're having thunderstorms so there will be no playing outside, even on the deck. I'm even canceling the shopping trip I had planned for this morning. Okay, it wasn't exactly shopping - just some errands in Clarksville, but if it's going to thunderstorm, getting two kids in and out of the car over and over doesn't exactly sound like fun. Unfortunately, the kids have been so bored that shopping sounded good even to Camden so I doubt they'll be happy when they wake up and I inform them we're staying home. And believe me, I can guarantee it will be the first thing out of their mouths when they wake up!

The walks on the treadmill have been going so well I decided to run yesterday. Unfortunately, my back and hips let me know the rest of the day that maybe I wasn't quite ready to run a marathon.

Yesterday was Children's Day, which is a Korean holiday similar to our Mother's or Father's day, just for the kids. I meant to have some family event planned, but the dreary weather, car problems for Brian, and the fact that by the time he got home, I just wanted to lock myself in the bedroom kinda derailed the whole thing. We did grill pork chops and had strawberry shortcake for dessert, though.

Rory played in her crib for TWO hours after bedtime last night. Singing at the top of her lungs, laughing, etc. for two whole hours. I'm expecting a tired girl this morning!

Robin Carlton/Christy Lyle: Fresh Cut Blooms

After Five Designs: Playtime

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel