Happy Mother's Day

I can remember when Mother's Day was not a happy occasion; when it was a day that I wanted to just stay in bed and cry. There were years I skipped church on Mother's Day because it was too hard to go and be happy for everyone else. Not anymore. I have two beautiful children that are gifts from God; children that could have belonged to someone else but God chose me. I pray every day that I can be the mother and wife that He wants me to be.

I'm also more than blessed to have a wonderful mother as an example of a Godly woman. I'm sure I didn't appreciate her quite enough as a girl, but I definitely appreciate her now!


Happy Mother's Day! Not quite sure what today holds for us, but I know I'm not cooking! :)


Comments

Jodi said…
I can completely identify with everything you wrote! There were several years that Mother's Day was a day of mourning for me instead of one of celebration. I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day today!! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel