Dugout Duty

Yesterday was such a good day! Well, the MRI was no fun, but everything else was great. It was good to laugh with my friends at lunch; I racked up at Kroger with those triple coupons; I picked up a couple of sale items at Gap for the kids. Oh, and I just discovered a brand new BE store at Green Hills mall! All followed up by a Starbucks run, of course. It was fabulous!

I made it home just in time to leave for baseball practice and a game (in the cold, wet weather no less!). We had dugout duty again, and it is hard work! Camden's team won by 10, and they all did a really good job. Camden did a great job at first base - definitely improving! We grabbed a pizza on the way home and got home, ate it and got the kids down at 9:00 last night so it was a very full day! Unfortunately, my night didn't go so well since my brain thought I was still on dugout duty and every time I closed my eyes, I was seeing red uniforms, finding hats, gloves, helmets, and sending kids out "on deck."

A few things about the kids:
  • Last week when we went to the doctor for Rory, she had lost a POUND since 6 weeks ago. If you've seen her, you know that she can't really afford to lose a pound! She's down to 22 lbs at 2 and a half. Considering she was only at 5th percentile, I'm thinking that loss just knocked her off the chart.
  • Now that Camden doesn't take naps anymore, I've been waking him up at 8:00. Otherwise, who knows how long he'd sleep. And the first words out of his mouth as he drags himself into the living room are, "what's for breakfast?"
  • Camden has now bypassed baseball as his favorite outdoors past-time and has moved on to golf. He spends every moment possible outside hitting the golf ball. You'll remember that he replaced digging in the dirt with baseball; now it's golf. Who knows what will come next.
  • Rory asks me about 200 times a day, "when my big girl, my play baseball?"
  • Camden uses the word "apparently" about 300 times a day.
  • After her nap yesterday, Brian let Rory call me on the phone (I was on my way home), and she told me with lip quivering, "My sad. My miss you." Brian said she did it on her own - no prompting from him.
  • Camden cleaned his room last week without telling me and then waited until we tucked him into bed to see if we'd notice. He was so proud of himself (and we were quite proud of him!). And he did a good job - nothing was tucked into the closet or under the bed which would be his usual style.
  • Rory has wanted The B-I-B-L-E and God is So Good sang to her every single naptime and bedtime for the last 6 months. Out of the blue Saturday, she asked for Noah Built the "Art."
Well, I need to get to work on this trainwreck of a house. Somehow a day alone with daddy + two kids = a trashed house.

Robin Carlton/Manda Bean: Once Upon a Toy

Robin Carlton/Manda Bean: Life Bright

Dani Mogstad: Little Buddies

Comments

Joy said…
We've been singing the "arky, arky" song a lot - too much rain ya think?? ;)
M :-) said…
LOL! Logan said the same thing last night ... "Mommy, that's Noah's ART" ;-)

Love the layouts!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel