And we're off!

I'll just say it out loud. I may not survive the 9 hour drive tomorrow. I'm driving the first 5 hours with Camden and Rory, then meeting Becky and her boys and we'll drive the remaining 4 hours together. I've never traveled alone with the kids for a very good reason. I need Brian to be the patient, sane one on the road. I'm very excited to spend the week with my family, but I've got to survive the drive first.

Our weekend was very full. The CPR class was helpful, the manicure/pedicure/haircut was pretty fabulous, the Mother's Day meal was yummy, and the afternoon was very busy with packing/laundry/keeping the kids from bouncing off the walls in anticipation of a visit with Grandma and Grandpa.

Two quick stories and alot of pics.

1. At lunch on Saturday Camden was asking how Jesus actually fits into our hearts, what He does in there, etc. Brian told him that he helps us make good choices (among other things, of course). Camden responded with, "Well, that's not working out so great for kids. I'm still in trouble alot."

2. Rory went shopping with me Friday night while Camden went to baseball practice. She was so cute and chattered away. Since I spend 24/7 with them home alone I forget sometimes that one-on-one time is still important. Anyway, that's not really part of the story. On the way home, we were talking about going to Grandma and Grandpa's house. She asked if she could sleep in their bed. I told her she'd have to ask. She proceeded to tell me, "My ask Grandma to sleep in her bed, and she say 'no, maam.' I ask Grandpa to sleep in his bed, and I say 'pleeeeaaaasssee' and him say 'Yes!'" How does a 2 year old know the art of manipulation already?

And the pics:

I made my first loaf of bread several days ago. It tasted about how it looks.
Just in case you're trying to give me the benefit of the doubt, it was horrible.


Rory's "sick" face

Playing catch

He's pretty much this energetic all day long.

Our little Asian Pocahontas

Her new kissy face

Lauren Grier: Shine On

Gina Miller: Snowdrops

Comments

Joy said…
Have a wonderful and safe trip!
Anonymous said…
Prayers for you and your Sister. May her time in New York be God's blessings. Hope you spend a wonderful week with her and the twins.

God will be be riding "Shot Gun"
Anonymous said…
Thanksfor sharing your wonderful life with us. I enjoy the pictures and stories. You are a wonderful family. Have a safe trip. Enjoy !

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel