Tired!

Why, oh why must I stay up so late? The fact that it's quiet, there are no kids crawling over me, and I can do what I want seem like such good reasons at the time, but when I drag myself out of bed at 5:30 every morning, those reasons don't seem so important. I am sleeping really well these days. That happens when you're only getting a good 4-5 hours every night. The bags under my eyes are very attractive.

Brian remembered on his way home from school yesterday that he needed to provide drinks and refreshments for 46 people for Grandparents Day today so I spent last night making brownies. Thank heavens for brownie mixes!

I think yesterday was the first day ever that the kids did not have any screaming matches! It was so nice to have them play together so well. Have I mentioned here that they play best when they're pushing around Rory's doll stroller and playing house? It's so funny!

On this weekend's agenda is Camden's first soccer game tomorrow morning. We're going to get completely killed! They've only practiced for 3 weeks and one of those practices was canceled. Last night was the first night all their players have attended practice, and one of the players (his first practice ever!) refused to even get on the field. The little girl on our team likes to use her ball for a pillow as she lays down on the field and the others play around her. Camden does a much better job this year of staying on top of things, but he's no David Beckham either! We do have a bully on our team, and it will be interesting to see how he plays during the game. During practice, he spends all his time elbowing, kicking, and tackling the others while his mother calmly watches and never says a word. Oh, my!


Lauren Grier: Olivia

Comments

Joy said…
Good luck tomorrow Camden!! :)
I love that picture of the two of them... Yes Ethan & Bella love to play kitchen and/or house!

Amazing how parents don't feel that their child is doing NO wrong! Just makes you want to strangle them...not the kids!

Good Luck!
Angie said…
I love the picture and layout of the kids!! Don't you just love how some parents just sit by as their kids do things like that. By the way, my kids play best when they are playing house also! I love listening to them play. Good luck with the game tomorrow!!
Anonymous said…
What a precious portrait!!!

(Good luck on the game!)

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel