Busy Days

I'm having trouble putting into words that aren't too boring how we've spent the last couple of days, and since I'm having no success, I think I'll just leave out the boring details! They did involve, however, a missed nap by Camden; two horrible crying/sobbing fits with Rory after naptime; church; a 3 hour trip to the grocery store; dinner at Gram and Gramp's house; soccer practice; trips to the bank and post office. I told you it was boring!

Today is Grandparent's Day at school so I dropped Camden off this morning, came home, put Rory in the bathtub, got her ready, and we're headed back to school at 9:45 to catch his 2 minutes of fame on stage. Rory and I are meeting another adoptive family for lunch, then back to pick up Camden. Camden and Brian are going to a football game tonight while Rory and I stay home. Tomorrow is Camden's soccer game, and then I'm going to be kid-free for a couple of hours while I head into Nashville to get my hair cut and take a trip to the library. Hopefully, I can fit in a Starbucks run as well. I had high hopes that tomorrow might be the day I lose all this hair and finally donate it, but I think it's just not quite long enough. I'm taking the paperwork with me, though, just in case my stylist can pull out a miracle!

On the local news this morning, it said most gas stations in Nashville were out of gas and gave the names of towns just outside Nashville who still had gas. I was on empty and figured I better fill up. There are 4 gas stations within eyesight of each other in our little town. Three out of the 4 are charging $4.25/gallon. The other station is charging $3.99. Guess which one I went to. It's so surprising, though, that there were still lots of people filling up at the more expensive stations. Why??

I snapped this picture of Camden this week. It's not that exciting. However, this is how he spends his time outside. He will dig and dig and dig as long as we'll let him. I finally rescued the yard and told him he could use the driveway. Maybe he's going to be an archaeologist.



Comments

Joy said…
How fun! If you do get to donate your hair - we have to see an "after" picture. :)
Anonymous said…
Hey Melissa I bet Camden would really enjoy a metal detector. Really looks like he does enjoy digging. Dawson likes to dig to we got out my metal detector a few times and you wouldn't believe how excited he has gotton over digging up a old rusty nail.
Anonymous said…
What a cute photo of both of them together!

Darcy took 15 inches off her hair last November and donated it...tonight at the church picnic someone meeting us for the first time remarked on how long her hair is! I thought, "That's nothing! You should have seen it last November!" Still it amazes me how quickly it has grown again. It already is almost to her waist and she is planning on donating again in the near future! I think that is so cool, those of you out there that grow your hair long just so you can donate! It takes a lot of patience!...and, then, when it is long enough, I would kind of be filled with hesitancy to sacrifice it (believe me, though I support Darcy in her eagerness to donate, still, I have to admit, part of my stomach feels a little regretful to see her going from astoundingly long, gorgeous hair, just back to the length once again that anyone can grow their hair to!). If I ever got my own hair that long, I would probably back out and opt to keep it myself! Which leaves me in awe of those who grow their hair specifically SO than can donate it!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel