Speeches

Anyone else stay up to watch the speeches at the RNC last night? We were thoroughly entertained (in a good way) by both Giuliani and Palin. There were lots of inspiring moments, but the funniest was one that showed her youngest daughter licking her hand to smooth down the baby's hair during her mom's speech! I doubt McCain will be quite as riveting tonight, but we'll probably watch anyway for educational purposes.

Rory did so well during our errands yesterday, although she woke up from her nap again very cranky and clingy. We had fun seeing Tina, and then we ran into Joy and Sumner at Gymboree (clearly, she is a girl after my own heart).

I am so ready for fall! I always feel that once September hits, fall should be here,but in Tennessee, it's usually October before the heat starts to go away. It's still in the 90's this week. Where I grew up in Illinois, September definitely meant fall!

One month from today, Angela Crutcher is taking Rory's 2-year pictures. You have no idea how excited I am!! Her pictures look the way I wish mine looked.

Not much except laundry on the agenda today. The kiddos are both still asleep this morning, which is nice because I slept in until the late time of 6:00 this morning and I'm enjoying a few minutes to myself.

Eva Kipler/Julie Billingsley: Caught Thinking

Comments

Anonymous said…
We listened to the speeches last night. I was particularly interested in hearing Sarah Palin's speech...and WOW!...she nailed it down!!! I am just so excited that she is on the ticket! SHE is someone I can whole-heartedly vote for!...and that assertion is not based on a speech. My husband and I were hoping she would be the VP pick before HUCKABEE even left the race...long before we had ever heard her SPEAK publicly...we knew her by her accomplishments, and what she stood for both in her words AND, more importantly, in the choices she lived by.

WHOO-HOO for Palin!!!

And whoo-hoo that Fall is just around the corner! Can't wait for those crisp, cool mornings and the unique way even the light outside slants in the Fall. ...my favorite season of all!
Anonymous said…
McCain - Palin 2008 nuff said!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel