Long Day Ahead

Today might be a long day. I've had 3.5 hours of sleep, Brian has a PTO meeting tonight and won't be home until 8:30 or so, there's still no gas around here so I'm probably not leaving the house except to go to soccer practice tonight. Alone. I typically LIVE for 4:30 when Brian walks in the door so I'm trying not to think about the next 14 hours.

In an effort to bribe Camden into making better choices throughout the day, we start off the day with two bowls. One bowl is empty (mine); the other bowl (Camden's) has M&M's in it. Every time he pouts or tattles on Rory or disobeys, an M&M from his bowl goes into my bowl. This has actually worked really well for us. Yesterday, however, was a particularly bad day and Camden was losing quite a few M&M's. About halfway through the day I checked the bowl and noticed that the M&M's that had been moved to my bowl were all bitten in half. Not eaten, but bitten in half and then put into my bowl. My darling child thought if he couldn't have them, he'd "ruin" them for me! It wasn't funny at the moment, but I've chuckled about it several times since.

Amanda Rockwell: Bohemian Fall Splendor
Lauren Grier/Shawna Clingerman: Fall Into Me

Comments

Joy said…
Hang in there - I know those long days are tough. :)
Amanda said…
Thinking of you today Melissa and hoping it goes by quickly for you. The story of the M&M'S gave me a good laugh this morning. So funny how kids process things sometimes!
StarWarsFans said…
I'm right there with you on these long days. My dh is a farmer and is harvesting right now, so he leaves at 7:00 a.m. and gets home at 9:00 or 10:00 p.m. Kaden has been acting like a crazy child. I might have to try the M&M trick. Thanks for the idea! What Camden did, though, reminds me of something my brother did once. When he was about 4, he decided one Sunday that he didn't want to go to Sunday School or church. We were all getting ready when my mom heard water running. We ran into the bathroom to discover that Tim had filled the bathtub and thrown all our Bibles in. He thought that if we didn't have Bibles, we couldn't go to church!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel