A Rory list

A few new things about Rory:
  • She is trying new words all the time. They don't usually come out quite right, but she is really trying. For instance, Aunt Liz is Teeeeeez. Grandpa is Apple. Michael is Cockel. Breakfast sounds a bit like, ummmm, witch with a B. She asks for several things specifically over and over, but I cannot figure out for the life of me what she's saying.
  • Her favorite person in the world is Uncle Michael. She asks about him several times during the week (especially when she sees a blue plaid shirt), and when he's here every Sunday, she pretty much only wants to be with him (Aunt Liz is not a fan of this).
  • She likes to read to me. And when she does, she takes my finger and points to everything just like I point things out to her.
  • She loves to play patty cake, but she wants to be the one singing it. She will hold my hands and make them pat, roll, and throw away, and if I try to sing it, she gets in my face and whisper/shrieks "mama, mama, jabber, jabber, jabber" until I stop. It's hilarious!
  • She LOVES to sing. She's always loved for me to sing to her, and there have been many times, especially in the beginning, where singing calmed her down when nothing else would. She is developing quite a little repertoire of songs and knows several motions to each song and will communicate to me what song she wants to sing by doing the motions. It's a toss-up as to which is her favorite right now: the B-i-b-l-e or the one that goes "the foolish man built his house upon the sand. . . "
  • She is finally starting to be a little bit freer with her hugs and kisses with me. In fact on Saturday, she came up behind me and rubbed my back (she's a big patter and rubber actually), leaned her head forward so she could see me, kissed me on the cheek, and said "wo wo" (which would be Love You). It was precious and the first time she's done it. While she still doesn't offer kisses on her own often, she's not fighting them anymore either.
  • She really likes to look at pictures of Mrs. Park, her foster mother. She says, "omma" over and over when she sees the pictures.
  • She imitates EVERYTHING (although she really seems to highlight Camden's bad habits). She picks up on the smallest things. I've never seen anything like it.
  • She says "Mmmmmm" for each bite I put in her mouth. Every time!
  • When I sit her up on the counter every morning to brush her teeth, dry her hair, and fix it, she makes faces at herself and waves to herself in the mirror.
  • She is the most polite child you've ever met. She says "thank you" every time I tell her she's a good girl, give her something, give her kisses, etc. She says "excuse you" (instead of "excuse me") when appropriate. She has even said "no, thank you" a couple of times. She also is all over the sneezes and says "bless you" (happens alot because Camden has allergies).
  • On the days that Camden is in school and it's just the two of us, about every 15 minutes she says, "Dada??" "Nanden??" and I tell her they're in school. She repeats a couple of times and then is satisfied, only for it to begin again in another 15 minutes.
  • She loves to "exercise" with us. When we get out the Jillian Michaels DVD, she loves it and can follow our moves really well.
  • Diapers (clean ones) are spread out over our house because there's nothing she likes more than to go get a diaper and put it on her baby. Take it off, pretend to wipe, get a new diaper.
Look for this list on a 23 month Rory page coming soon. :)

This kit is retired so I can't link you up, but how
do you like all the pink with Papa Bob?

Lauren Grier: Scary Moon Cat

Comments

What a fabulous list! Definitely sounds like you have yourself a little lady.

(Love the layouts as well!)
Joy said…
Hopefully Camden doesn't enjoy sharing his bad habits as much as Ellis does! LOL! :)

Rory is such a little sweetheart! It's great you are making lists to remember all the 'little things' - they grow up so fast!
I make remember to take pictures of the every day little tiny things, but OMG I wish I would have thought or remembered to take a list like that...

What a GREAT list....
and she is as sweet as she looks! =) or well all the "good" stuff you are telling us! =)
Anonymous said…
How sweet!!
Is Camden picking up Grandma E's
habit of talking with his hands!
So cute, (0n him!)
Anonymous said…
You are doing so well in documenting everything from the majors to the minors. I wish we had this technology available when our kids were growing up. It's priceless!!

{Hey, what happen to Grandma, Gram and Gramps in Rory's vocabulary?!}

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)