Thursday

I managed to make it through my 14-hour Tuesday with little damage to myself, the house, or the kiddos. They were actually very good, but I was still seriously excited to see Brian walk through the door.

Yesterday, three of my friends and their little ones came over for a Bible study/prayer time/just chatting kind of morning. It was our first time, and we're still deciding what we're going to do exactly. We're going to start by reading Revolutionary Parenting together. It was alot of fun, and I'm very excited that we're going to be getting together once a week. Rory, of course, was all over the 5 month old and helped feed him, pat him on his back and begged to hold him. She also wanted to hold Emma, who was willing to cooperate.


Then we added Camden, and called it our little Asian train. In typical fashion, as soon as Rory realized he was back there, she turned and pushed him off.

I woke up this morning with a sore throat and just generally not feeling well. I hope it doesn't stick around because we have a pretty big weekend. My parents are coming into town tonight; Rory's birthday is Saturday; Camden has a soccer game Saturday; Rory is being dedicated on Sunday and Camden is being baptized. I really don't want to be sick!

Camden and Rory are going to their Gram's house this morning while I grocery shop and run errands. I have a minimum of 4 stops, so I'm very happy to be able to do this without kids. I haven't left Rory anywhere except with Brian for a very long time so I hope she's okay. I'm sure I'll have a harder time with it than she does. I'm shopping for her birthday while I'm out today. I'm fighting the desire to make it a very big deal since this is her first birthday with us, and she missed out on any kind of celebration in Korea. I know that it's more for me than her since at 2 she's oblivious so I'm trying to keep it under control.


Emily Powers: Puddle Jumper
Manda Bean/Kay Miller: Blooming Crazy

Comments

Joy said…
What an exciting weekend! Happy (early) Birthday to Rory and congrats to Camden on such an important step.

Hope you are feeling better soon! :)
Maria said…
I love the Asian train. :-) Hope you are feeling better soon and that your weekend goes off without a hitch!
Anonymous said…
What adorable pictures! I'm so glad you all are getting together. What a great idea! I know it will be an encouragement for all.

I hope you are feeling better!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)