Official

It's official - the cat is staying and she even has a name. It was a toss up between Ruby and Rumbly Tumbly and Bessie was thrown into the mix a couple of times, but Camden has settled on Ruby. Aren't those names funny? He came up with all of them by himself. I never knew he would enjoy a pet so much. He just plays and plays with her - it's quite sweet to watch. And who knew Brian was such a softie! I think he's enjoying it almost as much as Camden.

Our Friday was full of the usual things - housework, grocery shopping, etc. (I'm boring even myself as I type this out!) I sent Camden to school because I had a big work project to take care of, but they called us about 11:00 and said to come get him because he didn't feel good. Not sure what was wrong because he sure seemed fine to us! We thought it would be a fun treat to go see Ratatouille last night, and Brian and I both thought it was really fun, but Camden didn't like it at all. He's developed a real aversion to any mean characters lately. He's watched Tarzan and Finding Nemo in the last couple of weeks and didn't like those either so I guess he's not ready to move past Veggie Tales, Disney, and Cars!

Today Camden and I had a "date." We met a couple of other adoptive moms for craft time at Michaels and then went to lunch. One of the ladies is an online friend who relocated here a couple of years ago, but this is the first time we had met face to face, and it was so fun. There's just something about being with other adoptive families that is so good. We share similar journeys to our children, and I think we approach parenting in a different way because of that journey. And I do think it's important for Camden especially as he gets older to be in contact with other Asian children as well as other adoptive families. I know that he doesn't realize he looks differently from everyone around him, but he will become aware of that at some point.

I have very exciting scrapping news to share, but it has to wait until July! Here's a page I finished - this picture is from last July.

Comments

Chris said…
EXCITING SCRAPPING NEWS--- FUN!!!! I hope you will spill the beans tomorrow....;)

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)