Time To Go

Not me, my flowers from Brian. At the table last night while we're eating supper, Camden noticed that a few of the flowers were dying. He said, "Mommy, your flowers are dying. They drank all their drink and now they're dying. It's just their time to go." It was hilarious! He got that little "it's their time to go" phrase from my mom after we watched Charlotte's Web, and when he asked why Charlotte died, my mom (probably caught a little off guard) said, "it was just her time to go." Words of wisdom he's remembered and used many times - usually referring to bugs or flowers!

Another funny Camden story - last night while finishing up supper and getting ready for church, Camden was following me around asking a dozen different questions as usual. Finally, needing a little break, I headed to the bathroom and closed the door to fix my hair. Well, he sits outside the door of course and continued with the questions (seriously, he never stops!). Finally, I told him (in a slightly sarcastic tone - not my best mom moment), "just because - it's none of your business!. So when I opened the door, he put his hands on his hips, gave me "the look" (see picture below) and said, "You're in my business" and stomped off. I guess he told me!

Brian's grandpa did came through his surgery and is doing very well. Much better than anyone expected so we're very grateful.

And while I'm giving updates, Becky did get to have her second chemo treatment this week, so we're grateful for that. I think she's feeling okay for now. I've talked to her a couple of times this week. She did have Micah shave her head yesterday, which makes me sad. As I got ready this morning and was really irritated at my thick hair that refused to dry, I thought to myself that I shouldn't complain about my hair anymore!

Comments

Chris said…
love these colors Melissa- and the bag is SUPER CUTE too! :)
That may be the cutest face I have ever seen! Glad to read that Brian's grandfather got through surgery well.

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel