Where I've Been

I've been a busy girl with no time for blogging! Thursday we had a formal reception for my boss who completed his doctorate earlier this month so I spent all day preparing for that. Then we got up earlier Friday morning to head off for a little anniversary trip. Camden stayed with my good friend Kathy and her two girls. Brian and I went to east Tennessee for a couple of days of relaxation.

We arrived Friday afternoon and spent some time shopping and eating dinner, then we went to see Spiderman 3. It was fun to get out without a 3 year old in tow! Saturday we got up and headed to The Pancake Pantry for breakfast. I had chocolate chip pancakes that were seriously good! We spent the day walking and seeing the sights and then Saturday night had tickets to Dixie Stampede. I have to admit I wasn't really sure I was going to like it, but it was alot of fun (especially since we had free tickets). There were probably a thousand people there at least and you're divided into two sides - the north and south. When they called to confirm our reservation, they asked us what side we wanted to be on and Brian told her the north. There was a big pause and then she said, "umm, okay." Apparently, most people choose south! Anyway, you're divided into two groups and you sit around this HUGE arena and they serve you a fabulous dinner while the show is going on. The kicker is that there are no utensils! It actually went better than I expected - I might get used to eating with my fingers! Brian got called out to be a part of a barrel racing activity. Of course, he didn't get to actually ride a horse like he thought - he had a stick horse! It was quite funny, but he won and got a medal. He gave it to Camden to play with, and Camden thinks it's a sports medal. He's been walking around all morning calling me the girl coach and Brian the girl coach and he'll only respond to us if we call him player.

We shopped some more on Sunday morning and then headed for home, picked up Camden and took him to see Shrek. We thought it would be a good treat for him and a good way to finish up the weekend, but he was so exhausted from his weekend of fun that he could not enjoy the movie. He was fighting sleep hard!

Well, that's our weekend in a nutshell. I've got today off work so I'm hoping to get unpacked and get the house back in order.

Here is one page I scrapped sometime last week.

Comments

We love the Pancake Pantry!! It is one of our favorite places to eat. When we were in Gatlinburg last year, we also cheered for the North at the Dixie Stampede. The girl told us that the South side was full, but there were still front row seats on the North side! We're glad you had fun on your mini-break.

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)