Weekend

We're having a pretty non-eventful weekend around here. Camden continues his obsession with baseball! It's all he wants to do, and nothing else works as a substitute! We made a quick trip into town today and Brian bought him a left-handed glove and baseball so he's now convinced that his "toy glove" is of absolutely no use anymore. Funny story - Brian and Camden were out throwing the ball around and Camden had the ball in one hand, the glove in the other. Brian noticed Camden squirming quite a bit and asked him what was wrong. Camden said, "my underwear is messed up." Brian told him to set the ball down and take care of it. Camden responded, "can't you just get it for me, daddy?" Seriously, he hates putting the ball and glove down!

Brian's car died Thursday so we're down to one vehicle. The good news is that we can survive for a couple of weeks since we live across the street from Brian's office in the church, but obviously we cannot make it forever. We're looking into mini-vans so I'm kind of excited about that, but certainly not excited about a car payment. This puts a cramp into our newly attained debt-free life, but we'll have to just deal with it. It certainly seems that nothing is ever easy and could not have come at a worse time as we try to save money for our adoption expenses! But I've decided that if we believe God knows what's going on, then we've got to believe it all the time - not just when it's easy.

We've had a pretty low-key weekend! I've done the usual laundry, grocery shopping, etc. We did make a quick trip to Camden's new school so he could be a little more familiar with it when he starts on Tuesday. The school's facilities are older, and I have to say that I'm not extremely impressed, but they have an excellent reputation (and this is where he'll start K-4 in the fall and then continue on with kindergarten) so I'm sure it will be fine. Many people that I know and respect who could have sent their kids anywhere have chosen this school so that makes me feel more confident.

Becky seems to have survived her first chemo treatment fairly well. She had a rough couple of days, but is doing better now. I hope she'll continue to feel well until her next treatment. She even called me last night a couple of times so we could talk digi-scrapping!

Speaking of scrapping, here is one page I completed this weekend. I also finished a couple more, but I think I'll save them for later!


Comments

Anonymous said…
"My God shall supply all your needs......." Marci

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Project 365/52 - Week 5