My Second Monday

It was wonderful being off work yesterday, but today feels like Monday. The good news is that it isn't! :) I spent the day doing laundry (does it ever end??) and also got to do a bit of scrapping. We took a walk after supper, which was nice. We've been able to do that quite often. Poor Camden is really feeling the effects of not being in school. I think he really misses the routine and busyness of it all. He's getting bored at home. Probably spending a couple of weeks at his grandparents and then this past weekend with friends wasn't the best idea, but he had fun. Right now our big battle is naptime. He's always really needed a nap, and he still does, but he's out of the habit and we're having trouble getting him to sleep. Usually, he'll stay in his room for an hour and a half of quiet time (but no sleep) and then about 4:30 he starts to crash and burn. It's not pretty.

Becky's first chemo treatment is today, and my heart just hurts for her. I'm sure that many of you have experienced something similar when your loved ones are going through a difficult time. It's an emotional pain, but I also almost physically ache. I talked to her last night, and she said that although she is apprehensive about the treatment, she's "ready to kill some cancer."

We have a new baby in the family! My dad's baby (ha!) gave birth this morning to a new baby. She has yet to be named, so he's open to suggestions. His email that accompanied the picture cracked me up. He said, " Any help or suggestions for names would be appreciated. BTW, I wanted a boy and I wanted the color to be black. But, I won't name her Disappointment." So send me some names! Her mother's name is Cheyenne - and I named her so I'm under pressure to come up with a follow-up.


My lunch hour is up so I better head back to work. Here is just one of the pages I finished yesterday.

Comments

I didn't realize Becky started her Chemo today. I'll be doing lots of praying that it doesn't make her really sick!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Project 365/52 - Week 5