Big News

I can't believe that I forgot to mention this here, but as of May 15, we are officially waiting for a baby girl! We've finally gotten all the paperwork in and our agency is finished with their side of it. What this means is that we could get a call any day telling us about our new baby. Now before you get too excited, it could also not happen for several months - we just don't know. This is happening faster than we imagined, and we're so excited, but also a little panic stricken! It's a big deal to bring another child into your family and with adoption there are the finances to worry about! Our total cost for this adoption will be about $28,000, and our next installment to pay is $18,000! If anyone has any good fundraising ideas, send them my way! We've been saving money, but obviously there's no way we've got THAT much saved!

Camden went to a baseball game Tuesday night with Brian, and he came home so excited! He loves balls and sports anyway, but now his new passion is baseball! I seriously think he is going to be athletic! He is just coordinated and good with balls already. People are always amazed at how well he can throw and hit a ball (and he's not even 4 yet!). And basketball - he can seriously make baskets and dribble! Granted, he's playing with a little 5 foot goal, but he's good! Tuesday night, he came in, ran to get his baseball glove and hat (a play construction hat that serves as a baseball hat, cowboy hat, etc.) and then stood in front of me gesturing wildly with his hands giving me the rundown of the game and what he was going to do (throw the ball, run to base, hit it over the fence, etc.) and then he put his hand up and said, "and then you clap for me." He's all about the applause!

Here are three layouts I've finished over the last several days. I'm sure I'll be getting more scrapping done in weeks to come now that every show I watch is over the for the season. I'll be in serious reality TV withdrawal by fall!



Comments

Anonymous said…
Yay, how exciting that your waiting for your little girl! That is so great!! Hopefully things will go smoothly and quickly! Love the layouts too, of course! :)
Katherine Lent said…
Congratulations. i bet you breathed a great big sigh of relief! That is a lot of money. I hope you can find a way to raise it. I wish I could do a fund raiser for Corinne too. best of Luck!
Rona said…
Congratulations!!! Hope you don't have to wait too long before she arrives!
Bretta said…
Great news about waiting for your baby girl! Congratulations!
Unknown said…
Awwww. Pink congrats with ribbons and lace tied around! Too bad your installments aren't the ONLY costs of having a child...they are expensive little boogers! ;)

Good luck!
YAY! That is great news! We are so excited for you!
Mommy Spice said…
Yay!!! How exciting!!! Congratulations!!!! :D

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Project 365/52 - Week 5