A New Baby

I'm an auntie again! Brian's brother and sister-in-law who live in Utah had a baby girl - Kaitlyn Miley was born last night weighing 8 lbs, 4 oz. and 20 inches long. I can't wait to see a picture of her! I wish we could see them soon, but I don't think a trip to Utah is in the plans for now. I'm trying to save all of my vacation days to use when our new baby comes home, plus I checked on tickets to Utah this morning and it wasn't cheap!

Poor Camden (and mommy and daddy) had two bloody noses last night so that means bedding changes twice in one night. I'm feeling a bit tired today!

We had very good news from Becky today. Her MRI shows that she does not have cancer in the second breast and that her tumor is smaller than they originally thought so hopefully she will not have to radiation. If so, this means that she can have the mastectomy and reconstruction surgery all at the same time. This cuts her total treatment time frame almost in half.

I am finding it hard to have good scrapping time these days. Typically, after Camden goes to bed at night, I camp out in the computer room with the TV on (so I don't miss any of my favorite shows!) and scrap, but since we've moved I have been so tired! Since we've switched to high speed internet and cable, we've also had some issues with using both the cable and internet in the same room so I've had to choose between TV and scrapping more than normal. I did get this page finished up over the weekend, and I really like it! I find myself using templates more and more, but that's all right - they're still capturing memories whether or not I came up with the original composition or not, and they actually take me longer to complete because I'm trying to alter the template to make it work for my pictures and accessories.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Melissa I kind of knew you were getting a new baby do you know when you are getting the new baby and it sounds like you are moving into a new house where have I been I guess I need to read your blogs more often Gail B
Anonymous said…
hey hey...
we've had plenty a changes in the middle of the night (wet bed usually though)

and sucks about the computer issues... but you should be able to un-plug the internet from your computer and still scrap (no shopping of course) and then just re-plug it back in if you want to log into the internet... Good Luck
(and I too scrap and watch tv at the same time... =)
Karen said…
So glad to hear the good news about Becky!

I told my husband that other people I know scrap and watch the TV at the same time. I convinced him to buy the desk I've been wanting for the living room so that we can move the computer down there and I, too, can scrap/watch!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Project 365/52 - Week 5