INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Two Mores Sleeps, take 2

Change of plans. We're going to head to Missouri to see Micah, Becky, and the boys and to meet my parents and Camden on Friday - so it's still 2 more sleeps until we're reunited with Camden. I am ready!

Work is so busy these days since it's graduation week. The board of trustees also meets this week, and so our office is busy with them as well. I left the house today at 6:20 to get everything ready for the big meeting today, and tomorrow I will work all day and then I've got a reception from the president's office to take care of, so it will probably be at least 11 p.m. before I get home. Long days ahead!

I'm headed out with the Lunch Bunch today - it's always my favorite day of the whole month. Oooh, my co-worker and friend just came in with a cranberry-walnut muffin for me - how sweet is that! Now, about that diet and exercise I was starting this week . . . not going so well!

Since, I have no cute Camden stories to tell, I'll have to show you a recent purchase. I've fallen in love with The Company Store. I found Camden's new bedding there (on clearance at 60% off) and when I decided that our bedroom needed a new look, I headed there first to look. I found this quilt and pillows for 60% off and fell in love with it! We have a pine sleigh bed, so I thought the yellows in the quilt would pick up the wood color nicely. The quilt and pillows arrived yesterday, and I still love it, but the colors are not quite as vibrant as they are here. They're more of a shabby chic feel and the colors are softer, but I'm liking it. I might actually play up the pinks for once. I'm turning into a big fan of pink, and I don't think I've ever had a pink, girly bedroom even as a girl. It's a good thing Brian is pretty ambivalent to the whole decorating thing or he might have issues with the girly bedroom!

2 comments:

Your Husband said...

Ambivalent to the whole decorating thing? Who said I didn't care if I had a girly pink bedroom? I don't remember saying that. Just kidding, I really don't care. I'm secure enough with my manhood to sleep under a pink blanket (Especially when I get the my deer head hanging over the headboard.)

Iara aka baersgarten said...

I do also have a quilt, it is blue lol I love blue, I also have baby blue wall in my bedroom at home.
Little girls are so fun, hope you are blessed with yours soon :)