So disappointed

So we had our meeting yesterday with our caseworker, turned in a folder about 2 inches high worth of paper work only to discover towards the end of the meeting that we will not be able to continue until we have completed our move. I am just so disappointed that we have to wait another 3 months or so to even begin the real wait for our referral of a baby girl. I know that everything happens for a reason, so I am just trying to keep that in mind, but I am quite disappointed and down this morning! (of course, being up since 4:40 a.m. to change Camden after an accident probably doesn't help!)

So, a little retail therapy seems to be in order (Brian, don't look any further). I shopped Vera Lim's sale and picked up some very pretty items! I was going to show you pictures, but I can't seem to upload pics today.

I forgot to tell a couple of funny Camden stories from the weekend. Saturday I thought I'd be a crafty mom and let Camden help me make cookies. Well, my version of "making" cookies anyway. I bought the Valentine's bake and break cookies with the little icing packs and I pulled out my sprinkles. Camden had a blast decorating them, helping me, etc. Unfortunately, I did not read the directions and we should not have decorated them until AFTER they baked (how stupid am I?) so the icing kinda caramelized and baked into the cookies. This did not affect the taste at all, but Mr. Obsessive Compulsive would not eat them because they looked funny.

Camden is becoming quite dramatic! Lately, he uses big hand motions when he talks, and it is just so funny. Sunday night, church got canceled because the wind blew a power line down. A little while after we found this out, Camden comes running to me saying, "Mommy, mommy! The wind blowed the whole city down, and we're never having church again!"

Well, I'm feeling slightly better after thinking about these stories so I think I'll just stop while I'm ahead!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel