Resolutions

So what are your resolutions for the new year? Every year I think about this just a little, but don't really do much about it, but this year I'm going to actually put it in writing (right here!) in hopes that it will help me stay on top of things. Here are a few of mine: 1) Learn to be content. It's too easy to always want a better situation, job, money, etc. I want to just be happy with all the blessings that I already have; 2) Be more consistent with my devotions - too many other things get in the way when they shouldn't; 3) Work out at Curves on a regular basis ( no comment needed here); 4) Keep my house tidier - too many other things like scrapping seem to get in the way of this. Just those 4 alone are enough to keep me busy!

Camden is definitely coming off a Christmas/sugar/spending a week with the grandparents high. He is cranky and emotionally fragile - sobbing with huge tears every time he doesn't get his way. Hopefully getting back to normal will not take long!

We took down all Christmas decorations yesterday. It's nice to have the living room back! Still trying to decide what to do about our house! Forgot to mention that in addition to all our other issues about moving, the college I work at is relocating in 2 years and we're unsure where; not to mention that Brian will be finished up with his teaching degree and will have a new job in the next year of so. All of these things make me think there's no way we can move right now. Just too much up in the air with our lives right now. I just hope that by waiting until the adoption is finalized (hopefully in 18 months or less), we will not have lost out on any opportunity to sell our house at a reasonable price. Not that we're trying to make money by any means, but also don't want to lose money either! I'm holding off calling our social worker to set up our homestudy visits until we can think about the house situation a little longer, but I'm feeling antsy!

I forgot to mention a cute story about Camden. Monday night after we were home and the glass all cleaned up and the door boarded up, we ordered a pizza and settled down in the living room (I know - should have been at the kitchen table!) to eat, Brian prayed for supper. After he said amen, Camden immediately folded his hands, closed his eyes, and said, "And thank you that the bad men won't break our house anymore." Also, his new favorite phrase is, "I think not." Where did he hear that?

Here is one layout I managed to get done last night - the first in over a week! The second layout is one I did before the break (borrowed another girly picture of Izzy). I did so many Christmas layouts before the holiday that I'm feeling a little burned out on them, but I've got a TON of pictures from this year. I may try to scrap the essentials and then leave some pics for next year.

Brr - credits here
Concentration - credits here

Comments

Kim - MyEbella said…
Hey Melissa I just want you to know that we moved while we were waiting for Izzy's referral...
They did have to come out and redo actually update our homestudy, but other than that it really wasn't a problem... I honestly can't remember we might have had to pay a couple/few hundred dollars... don't remember! I would really push this w/ them if you think you will move... Especially if you are not moving out of the same town/county you are in.... There really shouldn't be a problem!

Glad to hear Ethan isn't the only one having melt downs about not getting his way!!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel