Tuesday Tidbits

Anyone else watching American Idol? After 13 years, I happen to be hopelessly addicted to AI, and this year's judging panel is really fun. Brian says he has a man-crush on Harry Connick, Jr.

I have never heard Brian use the term "man-crush" before.

He also decided he has one on Buddy from Cake Boss. Who is this guy and where did my husband go?

I know all of you receiving buckets of snow think I'm crazy, but I'd really like just one good snow. My kids would too. Go ahead and add Brian to that list (although he did end up with a "snow" day today for cold weather).

Rory wanted wavy/curly hair like our friends Kinsley and Kylah so I braided her hair in tiny little braids before bed the other night. She was thrilled with those braids . . . because she thought they  made her look like Tre in the new(ish) Karate Kid movie.

As I anticipate my surgery Friday, I have been a little overly aware of  every little thing happening in my body. I think "hypochondriac" would be the term Brian used. I've had a cold for the last 10 days or so and I've been terrified it was going to turn into an infection and I would have to postpone surgery (I'm so ready to just get it done with). Every home remedy you can think of, I've done: drowning it with water, gargling saltwater multiple times a day, lots of extra vitamin c, staying on cold meds 24/7. So far, so good. It's not gone, but it's not worse either.

Aaannnddd, I probably just jinxed myself.

I really loved this post (from a Compassion blogger).

I have been woefully neglecting my camera the last week or two, but I made the kids sit down for a quick snapshot yesterday.

DSC_9241

DSC_9247

DSC_9237

Hello, crazy!
DSC_9239




Comments

Norman said…
Compassion was so neat, Melissa. We have a little fellow in our church--makes me think of Oweii Paul. Still praying for your surgery.
Krista said…
Ok - I need to catch up - Surgery Friday?! Thinking of you! Praying for you!
And snow - I have a pile I can send your way!!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Project 365/52 - Week 5