Recipes

So I might have accidentally taken Nyquil this morning at 7:00 instead of Dayquil. And even though Nyquil does nothing for me at night, apparently it can knock me out if taken during the day. So I've dozed off and on all morning and now at 11:30 am finally awake for the day. How nice is it that I have time for such a lazy morning!

I combined a few soup recipes and made my own version of Broccoli/Potato/Cheese soup this week and thought I'd share my concoction. It was GOOD.

1 onion (finely diced)
1 cup carrots (finely diced)
3 garlic cloves (finely diced)
2 TBS flour
1 TBS butter
3 medium potatoes (diced small)
4 heaping cups broccoli florets 
4 cups chicken/vegetable broth
2 cups milk
2 TBS parmesan cheese (the good stuff, not that powder junk)
1-1/2 to 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
salt/pepper to taste

I used my ninja to chop all the onion, carrots, and garlic then sauteed it in the butter for 5 minutes. Add the flour, stir, cook for another 2-3 minutes. Add broth, milk, potatoes and bring to a simmer. Cook until potatoes are tender (about 20 minutes). Add broccoli florets and cook 5 minutes, just until broccoli has started to soften. Add parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese, and salt/pepper to taste. If you'd like a less chunky texture, take 3-4 cups and pulse in the ninja and add back into the soup. That's it!

I made this Mexican chicken and corn soup recently, and it was also GREAT. (just don't use as much salt as it calls for)

This is a very good chocolate chip cookie recipe. New neighbors moved in over the weekend so Brian (did it himself) baked a batch and took them over Monday. The neighbors kinda acted like he was a serious psycho to bring something by, but that's okay.

Our household is definitely in soup mode, but that's okay. On a cold day, there's nothing better than hot soup for supper.

And nothing worse than a cold salad or smoothie. Just saying!

The sunrise this morning.
Untitled


Comments

Sarah Taylor said…
Oh my fanta!!! That soup sounds amazing!!!! Thanks for the recipe!
Krista said…
Soup... just what I need right now - comfort food - yummy!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Project 365/52 - Week 5