My Computer is Alive and Well!

First of all, let me just tell you that I'm blogging this morning from my fully recovered and fully functioning PC. Almost 3 months without this baby was torture, and I'm so glad that it was an easy (and inexpensive fix). Now if I could only forget all the habits I've picked up on Brian's laptop over the last couple of months - all the shortcuts are different on my desktop.

This weekend was a mixed bag. Brian had responsibilities (as well as a guy's night out Saturday at a Predator's game) so it was just me and the kids for the most part. Camden and I settled in to watch hours worth of figure skating coverage. I'm fairly certain the last time I watched figure skating was for the last winter Olympics. I thought Rory would be all over the outfits, glitz, dancing, etc., but she could not have been more uninterested. Camden, on the other hand, thought that it was all kinds of fun.

The rest of our weekend wasn't quite as much fun or relaxed. I'm having some stomach issues yet again. I'm glad to be seeing Dr. C on Tuesday so I can ask her about them. Doesn't seem quite right to have had so many bugs in such a short period of time.

The other source of frustration this weekend was Camden's preparation for his first speech. For such a bright kid, dealing with projects is decidedly more difficult than it should be. I haven't decided if he gets overwhelmed or if he simply doesn't like putting the work into a project. Whatever the reason, it is cause for many tears of frustration (from parent and child). And, truthfully, by the time he was finished prepping, he was kind of rocking the whole public speaking thing.

So tomorrow is my big appointment with Dr. C at the Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center. As always, life could change drastically based on what we find out tomorrow. I have a laundry list of things to talk to her about, and I'm praying for stable results and a feeling of calm no matter what.

Still continuing the month of challenges at The Lilypad, although I'm now 2 days behind and haven't finished (a.k.a. started) Week 2 of 2014 Project Life.
011014_verse

032212_take2


Comments

Gale Bamman said…
Could you let me know what version of the Bible you quote from? I love the way the messages reach me.
Thank you, and I pray for you to have good results tomorrow!
Gale
VinGirl said…
Sending you lots of positive thoughts for your appointment tomorrow. Hopefully the calm you need finds its way to you, and puts your soul at ease.
Julie said…
I prayed for you this morning!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Project 365/52 - Week 5