Lunch Date

When we realized everyone would be off school (kids on break; Brian on snow day) and we were going to be in Nashville for my ENT appointment, I knew that I wanted to surprise the kids with lunch and ice cream.

But not just any lunch and ice cream! We had randomly seen Diner's, Dive-Ins, and Dives the night before and there happened to be a restaurant from Nashville featured. It was called Phat Bites and looked awesome. Turns out it was awesome!

I brought along the camera because the parking lot is actually an old concrete carwash that the restaurant owns and has allowed graffiti artists to decorate. I wish I would have had more time to snap pics, but literally the place was crawling with cars and people almost as soon as we arrived.

DSC_8706

DSC_8722

DSC_8733

DSC_8735

DSC_8740

DSC_8745

DSC_8748

DSC_8749

Don't even ask why. Cause I have no idea.
DSC_8758

DSC_8759

IMG_0629

We split the Ninja Bomb wrap, the Charlotte Wrap, and a side of the Long Life Salad. It was amazing, cheap, and we're totally going back.

Next up was Jeni's Ice Cream. Poor Camden has been hearing about this place for years, but has never been (Rory's only been once and it was before she was in school during one of my after-chemo trips). He's been begging to visit. If you've been to Jeni's, you know that it is awesomely delicious, but not cheap so it's not really a place we frequent too often. For his first visit, he chose Lemon Yogurt and Wildberry Lavender ice cream. Brian and I both tried out the Askinosie dark chocolate for the first time, and I can't even describe how scrumptious it was. Rory copied Camden and had Lemon Yogurt. I somehow managed to not even take their picture with the Jeni's sign. Probably because it was about 16 degrees outside and we had just eaten ice cream. :)

I did, however, scrap it already.
010314_lunchdate

Comments

Amanda said…
Those pictures are awesome.
Renee T. said…
those pictures are fabulous, particularly the funny Brian one! and, well, you had me at "Jeni's" :) :) :)
OMG I can't wait to see more photos with the graffiti! Way cool
Oh my goodness… I cannot even tell you how jealous I am of this location. (And you know it's not the food I'm jealous over.) So… when are you going back for more photos?! ;-)

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Project 365/52 - Week 5