Snapshot #12

Outside my window: sunshine! Of course, it was 2 degrees out when my kids left for school, but the sunshine makes it alot cheerier!

I am thinking: of everything I want to get done before my tonsil surgery next week.

I am thankful for: lunch with friends 2 days in a row. It's the life of leisure, I tell ya.

Last 3 purchases: photo book (on its way to you, Aunt Linda), these boots (although I did not pay this much), a new iPhone case.
  
Dinner plans: leftover broccoli/potato/cheese soup.

 Future plans I'm looking forward to: craft night at church this weekend. Oh, and scrapping. After starting 2014 off strong, I have fallen off the wagon big time. And it's only January 24.

Kid funny: I had this whole list in my head and now I can't think of anything. Sounds about right.

I am reading: Jesus, the One and Only by Beth Moore and City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare. I never did pick up Unbroken again, although I think I may have a few days left on my library rental so if I have a chance this weekend, maybe I should try to finish it.

In the kitchen: 8 pounds of ground beef waiting to be made into sloppy joes for the big group of college kids we're having over Sunday afternoon. Can you believe I've never made sloppy joes before? I'm going to use Pioneer Woman's recipe.

Watching: American Idol, Cake Boss, Downton Abbey, Sherlock.

Snacking on: does coffee count as a snack?

Rest-of-the-day-plans: a much-needed haircut (seriously, I am so overgrown it's not even funny), lunch with Jenne, some grocery shopping, then basketball game at the kid's school.


Rory thinks she's big stuff when she can manage to get this towel on her head all by herself and asked for a picture last week. Of course, it was 6:30 in the morning and completely dark but I decided to still give it a shot. My focus fell on her lips instead of her one exposed eye, but it's still pretty (especially considering my ISO was 1250 and shutter speed only 1/80).
DSC_9088


Comments

Grandma Elledge said…
Melissa, I'm taking note of these recipes. Especially the Sloppy Joes. Sounds great for our Snacks at church Sunday night. And I'm keeping in mind your surgery next week. OH, for a quick and easy recovery!
Amy said…
That is our favorite sloppy joe recipe! You will love it!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Project 365/52 - Week 5