Tuesday's Tidbits

There was an "issue" (Camden and Rory's word, not mine) this morning with a spider in Rory's bed. She came running and say, "Mama, can I tell you the tale of my spider issue?" Later as Camden was telling me about it, I was trying to clarify that it was actually in her bed, and Camden replied, "Yeah. In her bed. See? Issue!!" Oh, they crack me up.

Last night we had the privilege of attending a church planting event with other missionaries from our denomination. It was so good to spend time with Randall and Colette (our Texas partners - and you might as well learn their names because I'll be referring to them alot) as well as Kellie, who happens to be not only an old friend from college and church camp, but is in the processing of adopting a sweet boy from Korea. She also is a MARVELOUS photographer. She took the kids pictures several years ago - click here. One of these days I'm going to snap her again to take family pics!

I made these iced sugar cookies yesterday (had to take some to school today for Camden plus needed something for an event tonight), and they are fantabulous. I might have scarfed down two before I could even remember I'm trying to watch what goes into my mouth. You'll notice I didn't exactly roll out the dough and use pretty cookie cutters. I thought it was quite an accomplishment to pull out food coloring and sprinkles to be honest.

DSC_5089

This sweet necklace showed up on my doorstep over the weekend (Thank you, Stephanie!). I love the square shape. (and I totally used a sweatshirt as a background)
DSC_4975

A few pictures from Saturday that I've already put into Project Life format since I didn't really want to scrap them, but wanted to document them some way.

022512_saturday-web

And now I'm off to pull out the big Anthropologie coffee mug because less than 4 hours of sleep deserves a second cup.

Comments

Joy said…
I'm with Rory and Camden - a spider in the bed is DEFINITELY an ISSUE! LOL! (Plus, for me, a possible heart attack.....)

Looking over the pictures of the kids, I can't believe how fast they have grown. Still love the photo of Rory in the red tutu.

Hope you get to relax a little today and rest!!
Oh man... how do you get this all done?! Seriously. Do you have extra hours that I don't?!?!
Tia said…
A spider in the bed is bad! We are dog-sitting for my mother in law and I think the dog peed in LIlian's bed last night. not. cool. Great looking sugar cookies! :) Any idea where to buy a necklace like that? I LOVE it!
Krista said…
Spider! Eek!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel