Good Times

A quick rundown on the good times we've been having.

Friday morning: playdate with Joy. The weather was just beautiful and so sunny that I actually got a sunburned ear out of it.

Pretty sure the kids were having a good time. 
DSC_4517

Friday afternoon: babysit Addison then have Elizabeth and Addison over for supper. Brian and I both took advantage of the relaxation that comes with holding a sleeping baby.
DSC_4690

Notice the sunburned ear. ;)
DSC_4683

Saturday: Brian spent the day working while I spent the day doing a whole lot of something that accomplished nothing. 

Saturday evening: dinner with our friends.

Sunday: church, then baby shower for Addison, then church again.

She loves to have her picture taken.
DSC_4720

Please, please no more pictures.
DSC_4744

Monday: work for several hours in Rory's room getting rid of literally 90% of her things because I am all about simplifying these days and if you're not gonna play with it, then you're not gonna keep it. Plus we're moving. To Texas. 

Camden went to the science museum with a friend from school while the rest of us went to lunch then to Dunbar Cave for a hike. Notice how brown everything is! Our weather went from sunny and 60 on Friday to cold and snow on Sunday back to sunny and warm on Monday. Hello, crazy Tennessee weather.
DSC_4767

Sharing this only because Rory "took" it and wanted me to post. And, yes, those sunglasses are nearly as big as my head. It's what happens when you buy new sunglasses with no one to help you pick them out except for a certain 5 year old girl.
DSC_4812

My favorite picture of the day.
DSC_4824

Today is more cleaning, trying to catch up, running a few errands, surprising the kids with a trip to the theater to see to see a movie (Camden is out of school today) then Bible Study tonight.

The last two mornings I've had this spinach smoothie for breakfast. Not a big fan, but I know how healthy spinach is and it's supposed to have cancer-fighting nutrients in it. I much prefer eating my spinach in the form of hummus (which I've also been eating) and after this morning's smoothie, I've decided I've got to have a new recipe because while it doesn't taste as bad as it sounds, I immediately need to eat a piece of fruit or something to get the taste out of my mouth as soon as I've finished.
DSC_4746

Why is it that I drag my kids out of bed each morning for school, but on the weekend and holidays when there is no school they stay up late and are still up at the crack. of. dawn.

And, finally, it must be a conspiracy to keep me in pajama pants because less than 24 hours after finishing my antibiotic for the scar tissue infection, it's back. Good times indeed.

Comments

Karen said…
You are braver than me with that smoothie. I, too, get infections if I stray from antibiotics for more than 24 hours. So not fun!
Joy said…
Thank you for the playdate! We are ready to do it again! : ) Love the photo - I still can't believe you got all three of them to look at the same time. Sorry about your ear. We will have to remember to switch seats next time. LOL

Addison is such a little sweetie! Did Liz get more fun stuff things at the shower??

Rory did a good job taking your photo! Maybe this could be a family business.

I have to eat spinach on my salad......don't think I could do the smoothie thing! It's taken me 20 years just to try V8 juice. LOL
I am digging the spinach in my smoothies, but I use a different recipe. This morning I used fresh strawberries, frozen peaches, and OJ and about 2 handfuls of spinach. Couldn't taste it at all. I've also done it with strawberry, mango, and OJ. OJ pretty much blocks the taste of anything. If you want it a bit sweeter, though, maybe still use those fruits, but add vanilla almond milk. Good luck!
Renee T. said…
Keeping you in my thoughts as you prepare for your big move and fight that darn scar tissue infection...
Vicky said…
Put some fruit in the smoothie- frozen blueberries, strawberries, peaches, cherries, what have you. Then add either some agave syrup or stevia- and I also add cinnamon. They don't taste spinach-y too me at all- I taste the slightly sweet fruit and almond milk only. They are SO good for you. I do them a lot!

I love seeing the fun in life you all are having- it lifts my spirits so! It sure makes me feel like I can have it too (a break, my onc mentioned a break at some point for me too!)

I will continue to pray for all your decisions surrounding your move to Texas- oh for healing of scar tissue- I am also growing some scar tissue that is concerning for infection... its always something :)
dana said…
oh i love my green smoothies - i just take cucumber, spinach, kale (if i have it - and i usually do), apple, pineapple and a little ginger - and then squeeze a lime or lemon in when it's all mixed up or juiced (i use both a blender and a juicer depending on my mood). i've never tried a creamy/milky one - i'm not sure i'd like that ...
You were BUSY this weekend! Whoa.

We make Spinach smoothies too... but our recipe is similar to Vicky. One banana, one green apple (chopped), handful of frozen strawberries, a tablespoon of lemon juice, a half cup to a cup of liquid (water, juice, soy milk) and then the rest spinach. The lemon juice seems to be the key ingredient. Along with the apple. Takes away the taste of the spinach some! YUM!
sunygrrl said…
I have been following your blog for awhile now, my friend Amy K in East Moline told me about it. I am just amazed at your strength and honesty!
Had to comment on the green smoothie thing. I really like a green smoothie and feel full of energy after I drink it. Here's how I make mine...fill up the blender with spinach, not packed at all. Add a cup of water (you could use milk or yogurt to make it creamier) blend until it's all liquid. I add 2 bananas and sometimes other fruit too. I think it's the banana that takes the spinach taste away, but you need a lot of banana! I think if you keep trying different combos you'll find one you like.
Krista said…
What gorgeous weather! And Addison is such a beautiful baby girl - It's hard to believe kids are ever that small.
Boo to the infection :( Feel better.

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel