Valentine's Day 2012

I woke up this morning to fresh flowers on the table, coffee ready in the Moka Pot, and my body bean heating up. Of course, with the exception of flowers, that's how I wake up every morning. Yes, Brian is most definitely a keeper. The kids woke up to cards (thank you, Christine) listing things we each love about them, new books (almost always our gift of choice for the kids) and a card and candy from Gram and Gramps. We're planning heart shaped French toast for supper and I'm going to surprise them with a trip to the new bakery in town right after school. Side note: this new bakery is a very big deal. When your town boasts a couple of gas stations, 3 pizza joints, and a few fast food restaurants, an actual bakery is big news. Side note over. Rory and I are taking lunch to Brian, and Rory thinks this is the best thing ever. ;)

As you can tell, we had very dreary weather yesterday, but it didn't stop me from making the kids sit down for a picture.
DSC_4311

DSC_4306

DSC_4359

DSC_4370

The individual pics were all me; these pics together, however, were all their idea.
DSC_4403

DSC_4402

DSC_4399

DSC_4397

DSC_4396

This one's my favorite. She was telling him how disgusting kisses are.
DSC_4394

And a trip down memory lane from 2009.
IMG_0353

IMG_0352

IMG_0350

IMG_0348

IMG_0341

In the words of Fancy Nancy from The Mermaid Ballet, I hope your day is thrilling . . . which means terrific and exciting all mixed together.

Comments

Anonymous said…
How wonderful and exciting about the move. We will be praying for the support to come in quickly.
Also, I let Caroline wear one of her nicer dresses this past Sunday. Thank you for your thoughts. Brooke (signing in as anonymous was the only way I could get it to work!)
Vicky said…
How perfectly perfect! Could those two be any more cute? How did you not want to just eat them with a spoon when they were little. So glad I read this before I left- I sure feel the love!
Sounds like a perfect Valentine's Day to me. And I agree with Vicky-your children are just precious. What a joy!

I hear that McKinney,Tx is a beautiful place. You may end up with lots of visitors. My sister who lives in Kemp, TX loves it there.
Renee T. said…
Loving the pics of the kids when they were so little! How cute :)
Anonymous said…
Melissa, I think Camden is photogenic too! Is this "the move"?
Sounds like it's on again. Wonderful! Gma E
Wow! Cute kids and I love seeing the flashback pictures! Enjoy the bakery!
You are one lucky girl to wake up that way everyday! :) I loved the photos, but that walk down memory lane?!? Swoon! Love it!!!
Elizabeth Frick said…
The trip down memory lane made my heart skip a beat... those babies! What a sweet family you have

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel