New Glasses

After waiting much too long in between appointments, Camden finally got new glasses last week. I think they look so natural on him. Since you hardly notice the difference between the old and new look, I think it means we did a good job picking out a new pair!

Old (if I had taken this straight on, you would have seen how small - especially the arms - had gotten on his face)
DSC_3662

New (I happen to love this picture because it's SO Camden.)
DSC_3657
(Taken with my 70-200mm, f 2.8, 1/250 SS, ISO 500)

Brian surprised me last night by announcing he has a babysitter arranged for tonight so that we can go out for the evening. Considering I've spent most of this week holed up in yoga pants with a heating pad because of this stupid scar tissue abscess while Rory tries to get me to judge her while she plays an American Idol contestant only about 16 times a day, I was more than a little excited at the prospect of an evening with just adult conversation (especially since I thought he'd forgotten about the little Valentine's holiday next week). Not sure where we're going to go or what we're going to do but it needs to be casual since yoga pants are pretty much the only thing I can wear right now.  I keep seeing Facebook posts on how people don't celebrate Valentine's Day, it's so commercialized, they don't need a day to remind them to love each other, blah, blah, blah. Anything that gets me a date and possibly a gift (or not!) is just fine with me. ;)

Have a great weekend!


Comments

Brenda Shearon said…
I'm with you Melissa, Jason gets me chocolate covered strawberries and I look forward to them every year! Give me chocolate and going out for dinner any day over flowers:)What is wrong with feeling especially special one day out the year.

I can't imagine Camden without glasses. We didn't even notice the new ones. Good job picking them out.
Have a great date! Life with Rory sounds like quite an adventure.
Renee T. said…
Enjoy your evening!
you deserve a night out! judging american idol contestants is hard!!
These are great!! I love the new glasses! I hope you enjoy your date... you certainly deserve it!

(And if you want a laugh... I'm one of those people that doesn't really make a big deal about the holiday. BUT, Doug was at the mothership, B&H photo and video in NYC two days ago... when I saw that he posted a photo with the caption "Heck, Christine's already mad at me because I went to her favorite restaurant, so I figure why not." I responded "It's ok, I know you *must* be there for my Valentine's Day gift!" There was a quick response of "But you don't believe in that day." Just picture me screaming at the laptop "I believe! I believe!" Lesson learned. Valentine's day is VERY important. Especially if your husband is in NYC the week before.) :)

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel