Whatnot Wednesday


Tuesday's Tidbits got sidelined for Valentine's Day and frivolous shoes, so I'm joining Elizabeth in Whatnot Wednesday today.

Rory mixes her words up. She likes to use big words, but can't always remember the right way to say it. For example, at supper last night she "aba-loosely" for absolutely. And "pop goes the Wheelock" instead of "pop goes the weasel." I wish I had been writing down all the examples but because they happen so often, I think it could be a full-time job for me.

While grocery shopping Monday, Rory informed me she was dance-walking. And, yes, it involved alot of hip movement.

After listening to Camden say "peppa" rally for years, we finally decided that at 8 and a half, he should really know that it's just a pep rally.

Rory N.E.E.D.S. to be in school. That's all I'm saying.

Actually, that's not all I'm saying. We've recently discovered Elise Primavera and her book Louise the Big Cheese, and we've decided this book fits Rory to a T. In fact, pretty sure this book (and author) have made it from the library list onto the "must buy" list. Kinda like Fancy Nancy books.

I have a very unruly cowlick as well as a crazy uneven hairline currently keeping my ego in check.

After a return to their original glory a few weeks after I stopped the taxol/carboplatin chemo cocktail back in September, my eyelashes have started falling out again. I am not happy at all about this development.

Monday night while reading Jesus Calling with the kids at the supper table, I just might have shed a few tears. It was about being still and letting God speak to us, and when I asked "do you know why why we have devotions and spend quiet time with God" Camden replied, "so you can cry?"

I've recently discovered the Aarti Paarti blog, and it's just about as cute as her accent. You might remember her from 2011's season of The Next Food Network Star.

Rory and I like to watching Pioneer Woman food show. She always, "you're just like her, mommy" when they get to the blogger/photographer part. Right. I am just like Ree. :)


And so glad to finally have had time to scrap over the weekend.

The Lilypad - My Vintage Valentine
020911_be-mine-web


The Lilypad- Love and Grace
022811_loveus-web

The Lilypad - Love and Grace (quick page from the kit).
020612_such-a-blessing-web

010210_xoxo-web

Michelle Coleman: Timeless (only available to LDD subscribers)
0112_goals-web

Comments

Renee T. said…
Hello Melissa- I have to agree about Aarti- I just love her...loved her on the Next Food Network Star... :)
Yay--thanks for joining in Whatnot Wednesday! I love that Camden thinks you do family devotions so that you can cry. Do you do the "Jesus Calling for Kids"? I've been thinking of picking that up.
joelsgirl said…
Curse you, you terrible enabler. If I didn't already have Grace + Love collab, I would be helpless to resist now. It really is fabulous. And I'm off subscribing right now to LDD. Darn it. But $5 for Michelle Coleman isn't so bad.
Mandy said…
My Molly LOVES Louise The Big Cheese!
Monica said…
Okay, Camden's comment has me ROLLING laughing! (I'm sure you didn't find it quite so funny! I might not have if I were in your shoes!) And as vivacious as Rory seems to be, I think she'll love school (at least the social aspect of it!).
Love love love those pages!!! Eek!!! And the things Rory says... She slays me!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Project 365/52 - Week 5